XXXI: Warning

King Andrew,
It has come to my attention that you are bring up your forces in fear of our attack. I write to say you have no worries from us, as Karamog has no interest in war with the South. Our main concern is the Purdy clan in Roster. There's been talk of them declaring war on us and possibly even an attempt to over throw you. After the fiasco with King Jaime, other nations and regions have been stirring. Karamog has no interest of expansion, so we are of no worry. Your main concern is the rest of the world. Beware.
Christian Coma

I sigh and sit back. Am I to believe this letter? The Comas and Biersacks have never been on the best of terms... But something is telling me to trust this warning. Christian is ruthless, merciless even, but only when he has to be.

"Who wrote to you?" Arabella asks, walking into the throne room.

"Christian Coma."

"Are we going to war?"

"No. Not with Karamog at least... Is everything all right?"

"Yes, love. Millicent is ill, so I need a hand maiden to take her place for the time being."

"Ill?"

"Yes," she chuckles. "It happens to everyone. She has been like this for almost a fortnight now. Jinxx is visiting her this evening."

"A fortnight did you say?"

"Andrew, yes. What is this sudden interest in my hand maiden? Some sort of affair?" She laughs.

"What?! No, no, no!"

She pauses, "are you?"

"Bella, no. I swear to you. Look, I am just...on edge."

She places a hand on my cheek, "you have naught to worry about."

I sigh and take her hand off of my face and intertwine our fingers. "I know..."

"What can I do to get your spirits up?" She coos.

"I don't know if you can do such a thing."

"I'm sure that just is not true... Are you able to retire from your kingly duties for a moment?"

I smirk, knowing where she was going with this. "I believe so." I stand and snap at the guards to open the doors ahead. With my wife in hand, I pull her out and up to our quarters.

A/N: this is the shortest filler chapter to return with, but oh god, the things I have planned for this story... anyway... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!! What are you dressed/dressing up as? I'm a vampire today. Basic, I know, but my plan to be a drag queen got to be too expensive haha.

I'm officially back after almost two months. I applied to my first choice college and I'm just waiting to hear back, school is going smoothly (honor roll for the first time since 6th grade), looking for a new job, blah blah blah.

If I end up slacking, just blow up the comments about me updating and I'll see it and remember.

Thanks for sticking around you guys ❤️