XIV: Love Blossoms Here

The castle has been hectic to say the least. Days until the wedding. Three, in fact. Andrew and I talked and worked out our differences from those days ago. I gave him the chance to properly confess his love, as did I. I couldn't be happier. We're back to being normal. More than normal; I can't describe it. There's no words I feel. I would've thought our love would take time, but it just seemed to blossom so quickly. And I'm content. More than content.

But Alexander has been acting strangely. Ever since our talk, he's been more and more aloof and secretive. The only time he'd be close to me was at supper, and then it would be overwhelmingly close. It was like we were connected at the hip, that's how close he was. Always whispering in my ear and playing with my hair. Once supper was over, he'd disappear until supper the next night. It was odd. I can't say I appreciated it either.

"—Arabella, darling?"

"Hm? Sorry, Andrew." I come back down to earth and focus on my betrothed. "What were you saying?"

He chuckles and cups my cheek. "It doesn't matter, it wasn't truly important. Don't worry about it... What's on your mind, love?"

"Nothing in particular. I'm just seemingly in a daze."

"A daze?"

"Yes. Seemingly."

He chuckles and presses our foreheads together, our hands now together, fingers laced. "What shall we do this evening?"

"I haven't the slightest idea."

"How about we go riding? We'll go to a cliff and we'll watch the sunset..."

"Oh, Mother would never allow it—"

"Oh, never mind that! Your mother won't be here to watch over you anymore in less than a weeks time. I'm sure you don't have to listen anymore. You're an adult, who's to be married in two days might I add."

"But I don't want to hear her mouth once wager back. Her nagging is quite awful."

"Oh, come now," he pouts. "Bella, my love—"

"Bella?"

"Yes. It's a shortening of your name. It's fitting."

"Indeed, I suppose so. I rather like it."

"Good. It's beautiful, just as you are... Let's go riding."

I laugh and walk off, pulling him along to the stables.

*

It's a rather brisk night for it to be summer. The wind blows gently, tossing our hair around a bit. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Amazingly so," I sigh. The ocean was a lovely dull crystal color with an orange glow as the sun reflected it's radiance for today's finale. The warm and cool colors bleeding together in the sky is breathtaking as always. I rest my head on Andy's shoulder and clutch his shirt, right over his chest. "Your heartbeat quickened," I smile.

"I can not help that, love. You make my heart soar." The vibration of his speech rumbled against my hand.

"I truly never knew you were such a romantic."

"Me? Oh, this is nothing. I can hardly wait to shower you with love and gifts every chance I have."

I pick my head up and look at him as he stares out to the ocean. The retreating light bounced off his perfectly sculpted face just so. He is radiant, glowing, his eyes seemingly sparkled in this light. His brows are knitted together, concentrating on nature's beauty before him. He turns his attention to be and smiles wide.

"What is it?" I chuckle.

"I'm just utterly happy."

"Anything in particular?"

He shakes his head. "No, not really. Just... All is well." He falls, now lying on his back. He grabs my arm and pulls me down beside him. We laugh together for a moment, and when the joyous rings die down, we just stare in each other's eyes.

"I love you, Andy—"

"Andy?"

"Yes. It's a shortening of your name. It's cute and fitting."

He chuckles. "I suppose it is. I like it... And I love you, too, Bella."

A/N: Just a short and cute little filler. So their little nicknames for eachother now are Andy and Bella. Get excited for the next two chapters and then the big wedding! Yay. (Also, a question for you HxC BVB fans; Are Jake and Ella still together? I know they were during the summer, but I haven't seen anything recently with them).

-Kacy