III: First Supper

{Andrew}

I entered the throne room, all eyes on me. And there she was. The woman I was to marry in due time. Arabella Dreux.

She was youthful. Beautiful, none the less. A virgin, no doubt. She has that look of purity to her. Fair skin, soft chestnut locks, bright brown doe eyes, rosy cheeks, plush pink lips. An almost hourglass figure in her blue dress. I don't remember her age, but she can't even be but twenty years of age.

"It's an honor to meet you, your grace," she curtsied as I came forward. Clearly her words weren't genuine .

"The honor is all mine, Princess," I kissed her hand. Respectable gesture, is all.

I greeted the rest of her family. They seemed kind. Not much else to say. With Father's permission, I excused myself to my sleeping chamber. I didn't to much but think and toss a ball in the air. Once it started to get dark, I lit some candles.

"Your grace?" A maid said at my door. I turned my attention to her and she curtsied. "Supper is just about ready. Everyone is downstairs."

"Mm," I nodded. I looked her over. I vaguely remember her face, but she looked absolutely ravishing for a servant. I stood, making my way to her. She kept her head down and her posture straight. I wrapped my hands around her waist from behind.

"Your grace-"

"Shhh. Relax, girl. I'm not to hurt you," I cooed. I began to kiss her exposed neck and shoulder, unlacing the front of her dress. I chucked when I received a moan from her lips. "Do you consent?"

"Y-Yes, your grace," she nodded.

"Wonderful," I grinned, pushing her on to my bed.

{Arabella}

Seated at the table, we were all ready to feast. Apparently, we can't start without to the future king. Speaking of the future king, he was quite handsome. Very tall, thin, built, and a pair of the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever witnessed. Still though, I have no interest in becoming his bride. I know nothing of him. For all I know, he could be a sadistic menace.

"Where the hell is he?" The kind frowned. He motioned for a servant to come forward, whispering in his ear. He bowed, leaving the room.

Eventually, he allowed the maids and servants to bring the food to the table. Andrew was still no where to be seen for a gracious amount of time.

"My apologies everyone," Andrew snuck into the room.

"What were you doing? Very disrespectful to our guests, and future family, to not arrive to supper on time."

"And for that, you have my sincerest apology," he bowed.

"Sit down son," his mother sighed. He complied, sitting in the only empty space across from me and next to his mother. We exchanged an awkward glance for a moment. How am I to do this. I don't even think he wants to go through with this either. But alas, we are each other's betrothed.

Our parents talked among themselves, and I with my brother, while we ate. Andrew was just silent. That is until-

"So, Arabella, do you have any talents?" Andrew asked.

I really shouldn't answer honestly.

"No, I do not," I responded.

"Oh, dear! Don't be so modest," Mother shook her head.

"Your mother is right. You're most wonderful at playing the harp!" Father chimed in.

"Are you, child? We have a harp here! Would you mind playing for us after supper?" The queen asked.

I swallowed, "I'd be happy to, your majesty..."

Thanks a lot, Andrew.

I'd rather show them how I handle a sword.

*
We were lead into a room where a harp rested in a corner. It was just as large and elegant as the one back home. I sat at the seat by it, settling it between my legs. Everyone gathered around me, watching me intently. I took a breath, beginning to play a piece I actually composed myself. I adored the way the strings felt against my finger tips as I plucked, playing all the correct notes. One thing that forced to do that I love, is playing the harp. I've always enjoyed doing it. It was so soothing.

I played the final note, and all applauded. I stood and curtsied.

"That was wonderful, Arabella! Beautiful!" Queen Amée smiled.

"Thank you, your grace."

"What a lovely way to end this wonderful evening," Alexander smiled, embracing me.

"Yes, I couldn't agree more. Now, Arabella, would you mind following me so I can show you to your chambers?"

"Not at all, your grace."

I followed Amée through out the castle, up to a beautifully furnished room. Red linens draped over the bed, engulfed in red and gold pillows. "Well, this is where you will reside, dear."

"It's beautiful," I gawked. I was definitely used to luxury, but my sleeping chamber back home wasn't as grand as this.

"It's all yours," she smiled. "Now, I've personally selected some of my own maids to now serve you, and I'll send them up in a bit."

"O-Oh, thank you."

"It's not a problem, dear. We are to be family. What's mine is yours," she rested her hand on my shoulder. "I'll leave you to settle. Your own gowns have already been placed in the wardrobe, and some new ones. Your maids should be up shortly."

And with that been said, she left me alone.

I sighed. This is my new home. I may as well make the best of it. I walked over to my wardrobe, finding a night gown. I untied my corset, letting my garments drop to the floor. I quickly changed into the night gown before sitting at a vanity, brushing my hair. A knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts and brushing.

"Your grace?" A feminine voice asks.

"Enter." I turned, facing the door to see the woman already bowing.

"I was one to be assigned to you, your grace."

"Please, call me Arabella," I smiled, before beginning to brush my hair again.

"Oh, no, your gra- Arabella, let me," she walked over to me.

"It's alright," I smiled, shaking my head.

"No, I insist you let me." I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer. I nodded, handing her the brush. She delicately brushed my dark locks, and, admittedly, it felt a lot better with her doing it.

"How rude of me," I started, "I never asked your name."

"My name? It's Millicent."

"Lovely to make your acquaintance."

*******************************************************************

A/N: Hey, I apologize for the content of this chapter. It's not
that great, but bare with me. It's not as easy to write as you'd think.
I have a lot planned in my head though. Anyway, I picture
Natalie Dormer playing Millicent. She's played Anne Boleyn in
The Tudors and she plays Margaery Tyrell in Game Of Thrones.
I adore this woman, tbh. Also, I put a link to some harp music.

I think that is all for now,

-KC