II: Arabella

{Arabella}

Carriages... I'd rather be on horseback, but Mother and Father doesn't like me doing so in areas where bad things could happen. I looked through the small opening of the curtain that draped over from what I could see, all there is out there is grass. Not much to look at, but I don't want to sew, like my mother is beside me.

"So," she spoke up, "Are you excited to be married?"

"How can I? In betrothed to a man I've never met, let alone love."

"But you'll be queen!"

"It's just the same as being princess, is it not? All that will be different is that I must give him children."

"Do you not wish to have children, Arabella?"

"Not with someone I don't love..."

She sighed, "My child, your father and I had an arranged marriage, you know?"

"Aye."

"But we love each other dearly now."

"Yes, Mother, but-"

"Everything will be well. Now you're going to go through with this, understand?"

"Aye," I nearly whispered.

As a small girl, I always dreamt of my wedding. My husband wasn't necessarily a prince or king, I just knew it was to be someone I loved. Or, so I thought. In the east, it wasn't too common to marry for love, but I know in the south it is. The prince must be in a bit of a rut, if he can't marry for love. I just hope he isn't awful, or so help me God above.

Suddenly everything came to halt. Confused, I poked my head out of the carriage. "Is there something wrong?" I yelled.

"Just resting a moment, princess!" A guard hollered back. Excited for this small detour, I got out of the carriage. The men had gotten down from their horses, letting them graze. My brother caught my gaze and walked up to me.

"How's my favorite sister?" He pulled me in for a hug, the metal of his armor cold against my skin.

"I'm your only sister," I laughed.

"Thus, by default, my favorite," he gave me a smug look.

"Are you hungry?" He let go of me, digging through his bag.

"Starved!"

"Here, I have an apple and some bread."

"Thank you. So, how much longer 'til we reach the Southern Kingdom?"

"About a fortnight," my father said from behind me.

"A fortnight?! That's such a long time! I'll surely die before we arrive!"

"Don't be dramatic, it's not fitting for a woman like you. We'll be there before you know it. We only departed yesterday."

"And you'll have me to keep company," my brother smirked. I could only frown.

"Head on back to the carriage, child. We're to be back on our way soon," Father instructed. I nodded, going back to Mother.

•A Fortnight (2 weeks) Later•

"Wake up! We're here!"

My brother's smiling face greeted me inside the carriage.

"Must I do this?"

"Unfortunately, yes. They're waiting for our arrival now."

I looked out the carriage, and there it was: The Southern Kingdom. It was exactly how I imagined. It was beautiful, awfully hot, and you can smell they sweet sea in the air. I don't want this.

And there it was. House Biersack. I attempted to settle my breath as the carriage came to a halt. My brother must've noticed my troubles.

"Everything will be fine," he rested his hand on my knee.

"But will it, Alexander?" I whispered with a shakey voice.

"Just... hope for the best. I'll be with you the whole way."

I took his hand and he led me out of the carriage. Guards were waiting for us at the front doors. My parents and two other guards we brought along followed behind has we made our way inside. The guards and messengers of House Biersack definitely knew how to get word around. Maids and servants already started rushing about.

I must say, it was quite a lovely place. Large, dark, and elegant. Not to say that our home was small, but it wasn't as grand as this. We were lead to a large, closed door.

"Right this way," one of the guard's deep voice rang through the hall. The double doors swung open for us and we made our way in, Father leading the way.

The king was seated on his throne, upright with a smile on his face.

"Lord Jamie Dreux," he stood, starting down the stairs. "It's been a long time, dear friend," he smiled, shaking Father's hand.

"Ah, yes, Christopher. It's been quite a while," Father smiled back.

"Lady Dreux," he bowed to my mother and they kissed.

"Please, don't be so formal. Elizabeth," she smiled.

"My, my, is that you, Alexander?"

"Aye, your majesty."

"Good heavens. I haven't seen you since you were first born. What a strapping young man you've come to be. You're to be king soon, aren't you?"

"Aye, I am."

"And you, child... You must be Arabella?"

"Aye, your majesty," I curtsied.

"You are even more beautiful then your father described. It's wonderful to finally meet you."

"And you the same."

Footsteps echoed through the room, having everyone turn their attention back to the door. "Ah, my son. You've decided to join us. Come now,"

There he was. The man I am to marry in due time. Andrew Biersack.

*******************************
A/N: Hello everyone! I apologize for how late this is and short. I've been a little busy, and still getting over the fact that I went to the Black Mass Tour on Wednesday. I had such a great time! I was basically in the front row. Set It Off is one of my favorite bands, and omfg, seeing them live and getting to touch and hold up Cody Carson was amazing. I've also waited two years to fucking see BVB live. It was such a great experience and I got amazing fucking pictures.

Anyway, stay tuned for this! I have a lot planned. The name is inspired by the Arctic Monkeys' song Arabella. I also envisioned her as the beautiful Adelaide Kane.

-KC