Oops. (6)

Scarlett's POV

The raindrops violently poured on to me,soaking through my hair. I let out a scream, by breath shaking. Tears fell down my cheeks and I hiccuped repeatedly. I tried to calm down, and lied on the dark green grass at the park. It was also wet. I observed the pearly white stars and sniffed. I was so, so stupid. I don't even know what's wrong with me! I was doing so well until I got that stupid text from Dan, how dare he?! Now I'm broken; I thought I was before. I knew I stopped loving him from the day he left Annabel and I, but maybe I didn't. Maybe I was just hiding it from myself all along. But surely, he was with Penny now, so why on earth was he texting me? Funny thing was,only hours before Penny wanted to be my friend on Facebook, and that was more than weird. More than strange, just darn right unusual.

I had never felt so suicidal than now.But one thing was stopping me from finding a sharp blade and cutting my wrists, my daughter. How selfish would I be if I did that? Technically,I'd be harming her. I know Summer was her god-parent, but so was Phil. If I died, and then for some reason, so did Dan,I'd be putting her in the same situation as she was in right now, only it'd be far worse, because she would have lost both of her parents. I promised myself, I wouldn't do anything to ever harm Annabel, ever. I didn't care if some people didn't keep their promises, like Dan, but I knew I would.

Why? Because I cared.

It was so so cold, I bit my lip as multiple shivers ran down my spine. I would pull through this. I shouldn't have cared, but I do! It was because of Dan. Maybe if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be feeling like this. My fists clenched. The thought about Dan made my cheeks fade to a rosy pink colour, and butterflies flew around in my stomach. This was so wrong. Four years. He left you, four years ago! He doesn't love you. I'm just a fool. A fool who is madly in love... all over again.

Dan's POV

"Scarlett, Scarlett?  Where are you?" I called into the night. There was no answer, but I couldn't give up now. I wasn't doing it for a place to stay, I was honestly doing this for Scarlett. I had some loved - up feeling when her name was mentioned, I'd never stopped thinking about her. Penny was kind of a re-bound, but I hated to admit it. Phil introduced me to Penny, and she introduced him to Corin, and she introduced PJ to Charlie. The torch began to flicker before going off completely. It was so dark,and the rain hadn't stopped. "Great." I muttered to my self sarcastically. Hm, I was even sarcastic to my self. Oh Dan...

Hm, where would Scarlett be? Should I maybe put up some flyers, it was getting late. YES! The header could just be, 'HELP, I'VE LOST A SCARLETT. IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO DAN HOWELL AND CALL 69696969696969. Thank you.'

I walked past all the trees, the park was so quiet,but I could have sworn I heard some gently sobbing. I walked through the bushes, scraping my ankle to see a small, thin figure laying on the grassy area. I hurried over to the body, only to find it was Scarlett. She was asleep, or at least I hope! Her eyes were closed and her legs were twirled. I took a hold of her hand and it was freezing. Her skin wasn't the usual tan, but pale white. I kneeled down and kissed her lips. She was still asleep. I picked her up, bridal style and took her home.