Where Is She?! (5)

Dan's POV

After Penny had gone off in a huff, my phone started to ring. Because of my none social life statistics, this was majorly odd. I answered it, Scarlett? "Hello?" I asked, pretending I didn't read the caller ID. Silence, no one talked. Before I could repeat myself I heard a shriek.

"Dan?!" Scarlett gasped coldly, as if she didn't know she was calling me. Although, how did she get my number? I'd changed my number since the last time I saw her, and we haven't spoke since. I heard the phone crash to the floor, screaming and crying. The line went dead and the phone call bleeped off. 

Checking my messages I noticed something more than unusual. It said I'd been sending messages, loads in fact, to Scarlett, but when I tried to read what was being said, it told me they had been deleted. This meant someone had been on my phone. But who would go on my phone, without my permission, to text my ex-girlfriend?

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked me, "Judging by your expression, something's wrong."

"Uhm no," I lied, "I'm fine." And I faked a smile. "Corin?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know when Phil will be back?"

"Not for a while, didn't he tell you?" Corin asked me back.

"Tell me what?" I was deadpanned.

"He, PJ and Chris are in Manchester for the weekend!" 

Almost on cue my phone began to ring. "Hey, Dan! Emergency! Get your butt down to Kings Cross Railway Station. We're going to Manchester!"

"We are?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yep!"

"I need to pack and..."

"No worries, I have your clothes!"

He had... he had my clothes? "Uhm..."

"Just come down here! The train is coming in twelve minutes, precisely."

"But Penny..." I turned to face the closed door of her bedroom.

"She's coming tomorrow." Phil explained. "So is Corin and Charlie. In fact it was Penny's whole idea! She wants to meet Annabel."

"Oh." I replied simply.

"Hurry up!" Phil yelled before hanging up. 

"So... I'm gonna have to go now." I stated awkwardly, moving away from the girls.

"Bye, have a nice night!" Charlie waved and I left.

Summers POV

I paced around the apartment, my head held in my hands. Oh god, I'd lost Scarlett! She just walked off! What could I do? I couldn't leave Annabel! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! If I woke Annabel up she'd ask me what was wrong. I couldn't exactly say, "Oh nothing much darling, your mummy just stormed out. That's all." could I? Oh god! There was a knock on my door. Please, oh, please could it be Scarlett?

Reluctantly I answered the door, swinging it open to reveal four familiar faces PJ, Chris, Dan and Phil. I was speechless. 

"Summer!" The boy with ebony black hair grinned. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest for a hug, but I was stiff. "I've missed you so much!" I pulled away, my eyes still wide in shock.

"Close your mouth," The one with brown, curly locks stated. "You'll catch flies." It was PJ.

"Wha- what the hell are you doing here?!" I asked, scratching my arm, but my eyes only focused on Phil, who was gazing past my shoulder into his old apartment.

"My girlfriend wants to see Annabel, other than that... I don't even know why I'm here." Dan said quietly, looking at his shoes. "Is uhm, is Scarlett here?" He scratched his neck awkwardly and turned the other way.

"No," I whispered back, my voice numb. "She's, uhm gone out." I lied, and bit my lip. "Come in."

I invited the boys inside, asked if they wanted a drink, to which they all agreed on, apart from Dan. He looked upset, sorrow in his eyes. "Dan, may I speak to you?"

Abruptly, Dan stood up and brushed down his jeans, even though there was nothing on them. "Sure." I guided him into Scarlett's room. When we went inside, I noticed his lips curve. "It's still the same." He smiled.

"Why have you been threatening to kill Scarlett?!" I let out and Dan's smile faded.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean! Texting her all these messages!" I took out Scarlett's phone out of my pocket. The screen was cracked from when she had threw it on the floor. I handed him the phone and he read out the texts.

"This is ridiculous! I never sent these!" He gasped, his eyebrows knotted together.

"You obviously did!" I yelled back, folding my arms, furious.

Dan groaned. "Ask Phil! The only person who has had my phone this week was..." He paused and flushed white. "Penny." He finished.

"I don't understand.... Penny sent them?" I asked.

"No, no. Penny wouldn't..." Dan said.

"She must have. Look, we'll drop this for now. If you help find Scarlett you and the guys can stay here okay?"

"Okay."

"So deal?"

"Deal." Dan agreed and shook my hand,