Sassy Child (8)

Scarlett's POV

"Annabel don't be silly now. I'm sure Penny was being very nice to your mummy." Dan sighed, patting my daughters head.

"She wasn't! She's mean and horrible to mummy." Annabel insisted and I watched Penny turn white.

"Don't be so awkward." Dan said and walked back into the kitchen with Charlie.

"When I'm a big girl I'll be much bigger than you and I'll be even more bigger than daddy and I will slap you up!" Annabel said, clicking her fingers in a zig zag formation. Where she learns these things is beyond me...

"I doubt that." Penny yawned sarcastically.

Summer and I didn't do anything. We just stood and watched. It was quite funny seeing a twenty two year old woman fighting with a four year old infant. 

"Just you wait! I'm warning you!" Annabel shouted and Dan walked back in the room, his cheeks a rosy pink colour. 

"Annabel I think it's time for bed." Dan said, picking her up.

"No. It's only six thirty." I informed Dan. "Her bedtime is eight o' clock." 

"She's clearly getting on Penny's nerves." Dan said.

"This is your daughter, you're talking about. You know the one you left for four years? You've lost the right to put her to bed for some girlfriend." I folded my arms.

"I'm not just some girlfriend," Penny scoffed. "I'm beau-ti-ful." 

"No you're not! You're ugly!" Annabel shrieked still in Dan's arms. Now she was kicking and screaming.

"Annabel. Stop it. That's rude, now say sorry." Dan commanded.

"No! She doesn't deserve my apologies!" Annabel shrieked.

"She's like a dictionary." Dan said. "Like she's four, with better vocabulary than me!"

"Don't count on that," I replied. "Who's the 'articulate' one?"

"I'm going to bed, this is exhausting." Annabel yawned but sounded very mature as she toddled into her bedroom.

"In all offence, Annabel has way more common sense than you." Summer smirked and Penny scrunched up her face.

We all watched Penny walk away and Dan seemed angered, however Summer and I were feeling quite content with ourselves.

Bet you's hate me for the slow updates. But I have a reason! My nana was doing the ironing and she almost tripped over the wire, causing the iron to fall. Now because I'm so 'clever', I decided to try and catch it... and become SUPER RACHEL (!) but it burned the palm of my hand and now I have this dark purple/red bruise like burn on it which is currently bandaged up making it hard to write. That's why it's short. But yeah... vote for more sassy Annabel and Darlett drama!