Prologue

"You jerk! I can't believe you!" I cried, tears streaming my cheeks. I slapped Dan and picked up my purse, then carried Annabel in my other free arm.  I ran out of the apartment and heard his footsteps follow me.

"No Scar! Please I love you so much! I was an idiot, I didn't know what I was doing-"

"Too right you didn't! Get away from me!" I screamed, pushing him away.

"Mummy, daddy? Stop fighting, please." I heard Annabel whimper in my arms.

"This is it, Daniel Howell. Goodbye." Were my final words before turning my heel.

The rain splattered violently against Annabel and I. We had no where to stay, well there was Autumn's? That was all the way back in Manchester. I didn't care; we'd go back to Manchester. We needed to get as far away from Dan as possible.

~*~*~

Scarlett's POV

It had been four years since Dan and Phil left. They'd just left, gone. But four years to this day.  They moved to London for a job. Every Sunday night they would have a radio show. I didn't care that Dan had left - he abandoned his own daughter. And to think I fell in love with this jerk! Annabel toddled into the living room. "Mummy, when's nap time?" She asked me sweetly, hopping on to my lap.

"Not for a while darling, are you tired?" I asked the child. Her long brown, curly hair waved down her back and her big chocolate orbs twinkled. She nodded her head and let out a yawn. "Oh, well would you like to watch the TV?"

"Yes please, mummy. Can you put CBBC on please?"

"Of course sweetie." I said, changing the channel and walking into the kitchen. While I was preparing Annabel's dinner, she shouted a word I had never heard her say for years.

"Daddy!" She cried. "Look mummy, daddy and uncle Phil are on Friday Download!" Annabel gasped and I hurried back into the living room. My heart pounded against my chest and tears brimmed my eyes. I let out a quiet sob. "Mummy, what's wrong? Don't cry!" Annabel said.

"So it is your daddy." I examined the brunette boy on the TV screen. "Wow, I haven't seen him in a while. His hair..." I stared without blinking at the TV.

"Eek, look mummy! Daddy is dancing." Annabel laughed. How could she still remember her dad and Phil? They left when she was only four weeks old. 

All the memories flickered across my eyes. The first time we met, our first date, our first kiss, our breakup, when i fell pregnant. All of them. Stay strong, Scarlett. He meant nothing to you. Nothing. Zero. Nil.

I dialed Summer's number. "Hey, Sums." I said quietly.

"Scarlett? Scar, is that you?" She answered and I felt my lips curve into a smile.

"Yeah, long time no speak. How are you doing?" I asked.

"Haha, four years. I'm fine, what about you?" Summer replied.

"Annabel and I are good. Turn to CBBC." I told Summer.

"What? Why?"

"Because. Because it's Dan and Phil. And their talking about us."