For Old Time's Sake. (11)

Dan's POV

I sat on the brown sofa in the lounge room next to Phil watching the new season of MasterChef. The phone started to ring. "Hello?" I called before I pressed the 'answer' button so obviously the person on the other end couldn't hear my greeting. Stupid.

"Dan it's Charlie, Scarlett is awake so you can come over to the hospital if you like." Charlie told me and I nodded to myself.

"Yeah okay, we'll be there in twenty or so minutes." I informed Charlie.

"Got it." She replied before hanging up.

I put down my gold iPhone (limited edition woo) on the coffee table and stood up, pulling over my leather jacket. Annabel pranced into the room wearing a purple 'Danosaur and Philion' t-shirt which drooped down past her knees. I chuckled to myself and picked her up.

"Look daddy, you're wearing your llama hat." She said, pointing to the cartoon picture of me on her chest.

"Yes, do you want to go and see mummy?" I asked her, putting Annabel back on the floor.

"Oh, Scarlet's okay?"  Summer questioned me quietly, looking up from her white Macbook. 

"Yeah. I was just going to take Annabel to see her." I stated, not looking at her.

"Okay." Summer replied.

Then there was just silence.

"Well I might go with you." Phil said, putting some shoes on Annabel's feet and standing up.

"So I'm going to be alone?" Summer said sadly.

"You can come you know, if you like." I told her slowly. It was like she was trying to hint for my permission to see Scarlett.

"Okay." Summer said. "Although, I better not."

"Why, what is it now?" I sighed, checking the time on my phone. I was going to be late.

"She hates me, she wont want to see me! I'll just stay here." Summer compromised.

"Fine." I said, turning away to walk out of the door.

"No, wait!" Summer called after me. "I'll go."

"Come on then, we are gonna be late." I told her.

I called a taxi and I sat in the front. Annabel was in the back sitting next to Phil, who was in the middle, then Summer who was on the right. The driver drove us to the hospital and I asked the receptionist what ward Scarlett was on. After a while of waiting we were given a hospital room and number of the floor. 

Charlie saw us waiting outside and I was the first to go in. "Um hi." I said awkwardly. I went over to sit on the end of the bed but then realized that would be a bit weird so I sat on the most uncomfortable chair next to it.