Not The One To Keep Promises (1)

Dan's POV

"Phil, do you think it was a good idea mentioning Scarlett and Summer on Friday Download?" I asked Phil as my girlfriend Penny lay her head on my lap. I started to brush the strands of gold hair away from her face as she hummed. Phil walked back into the living room, holding his laptop charger.

"Summer and Scarlett are your ex-girlfriends, right?" Penny asked us both.

"Yeah, Dan's daughter Annabel lives with Scarlett." Phil informed Penny and she moved up slightly, turning to face me.

"When do I get to meet Annabel? She sounds so cute!" Penny grinned and I laughed.

"I don't know - I haven't seen either of them in years." I sighed, brushing my lips against hers. Penny was the beautiful girl I met when I moved to London. She's an artist, an excellent painter. She paints her feelings and what ever motivates her. 

"Aw, I understand."

"One day, darling. I promise." I twirled the ends of her hair, though I wasn't the one to keep promises.

The sun beamed out of the window as Phil drew back the curtains, the light it was producing was almost blinding. My eyes squinted.  "Ah! The light!" Penny mocked a vampire, turning her head away from the window. Phil and I burst into a fit of laughter.

It was only now I continued thinking about Scarlett and Annabel. I guess I was being pretty unfair when I walked out on them; but it was an amazing job. I left my family, I was so stupid. It didn't matter though, I guess  because now I had Penny. And my life couldn't get any better.

Scarlett's POV

Summer and I found ourselves relentlessly watching AmazingPhil and Danisnotonfire YouTube videos over and over again. It's like we were fan girls all over again. "Do you ever want to know what it would be like to post our first YouTube video?" I asked Summer.

"Believe me, that thought has pondered my head since way back in 2009." Summer laughed.

"We should make one," I suggested. "Separately."

"Well, I don't see the harm." Summer replied, "Didn't Dan leave his video camera?"

"Yes! Yes, he did!" I smiled, running into the office and I opened up the cupboard and brought out the old black Canon video camera. I flicked on.

Well, I should have really thought this through.

"Um hello internet! No, wait, I can't say that... that's Dan's thing," I sighed. What a great way to start a video. I guess I could edit it out, I mean, how hard can it be? "I'm Scarlett. You'll probably know me as Dan Howell's ex-girlfriend. I have a daughter called Annabel too. This is more than awkward to do because I don't know what to say. I'll entertain you. Uhm... 'Yo mamma is so fat, she bleeds chocolate milk!' Damn, that joke was bad. Hang on!" I padded over to the window and showed a picture in it's frame to the camera. "This is my dead dog, Joe. He died from kidney failure. I have two sisters called Hayley and Madeline and I have a twin brother called Elliot. Uhm, I need to go out later for some bread and milk. Please subscribe to me? This was terrible, ugh. Bye." I flicked the camera off. Oh my god! That was terrible!