The Longest Train Journey, Ever (17)

Scarlett's POV

We were at the train station, all five of us. Summer had contacted Charlie and her Chris and PJ would be on there way tomorrow morning. I couldn't believe how fast all of this was. It was important too, I suppose. Annabel looked around. I don't think she liked all the attention around her. We had our train tickets and I was looking around in a WHSmith's store, just outside of the Starbucks.

"Okay, pick a magazine to read on the train." I said to Annabel, myself looking at the variety on the shelves.

"I like this one, mummy." She said, picking up a thick booklet with coloured fish on. It was about how to get fish to breed with each other.

"Um, wouldn't you rather this one?" I asked her, picking up a princess magazine.

"No, these fishes look pretty." Annabel smiled. I sighed and paid for the magazing before exiting the shop. Dan was waiting outside the shop and Annabel ran up to him.

"Ooh, what did you buy?" Dan asked her.

"A fishy magazine." Annabel grinned proudly waving the magazine in front of him.

"Fish breeding?" He read out, sharing a puzzled glance with me.

"It's what she wanted." I sighed, shrugging my shoulders.

"Can all passengers to board train 208 to London please report to platform 2A?" The loud woman's voice echoed.

As we all made our way to the platform, a man with black spiked bumped into us. In one hand he held a suitcase, and the other a grey cat. He turned his heel and smiled politely, and then his eyes widened. "Four years!" He gasped. "Where is the ring?" He put down his suitcase and took hold of my hand, examining my fingers.

"What... Do I know you?" I asked the strange man with uncertainly.

"Well, yes, no. I don't know. But I know you, Mr Howell and Miss Evans." The man smiled.

"Um," Dan started, "our train is due now so we'd better be going."

"Jerry Wilkinson. Think back to December 2010', you caught a taxi didn't you? During that time, you, sir, asked you, miss, to be his girlfriend. Then you met the cab driver-" the man begun.

"Smokey the grey cat!" I exclaimed "So lovely to finally meet you!" I said brushing the cats fur back. Jerry smiled.

"How do you remember us?" Dan asked.

"Our cab service closed that night." Jerry frowned "you's were our last customers."

"Oh, I see." Dan replied.

"Alas it is so lovely to see that both of you's are still together. After all this time." Jerry smiled, but then leaned into Dan and whispered loud enough for me to hear, "haven't proposed yet?"