Broken (24)

Dan's POV

I called for her, asking her if she was ready for Starbucks, but there was no answer. Hastily, I called again but of course, Scarlett didn't answer. I walked over to her room, to hear quiet sobbing. I opened the door and she was lying on her bed, tangled up. "What's wrong?" I asked, sitting beside her and pushing her up on to my lap.

"You know mine and Summer's YouTube channel?" She said, in between gasps and hiccups.

I sighed. "What did they do? In fact, don't tell me, because I don't need to know. And I shouldn't need to tell you that you are better than them. Babe, you're beautiful, and they're just jealous. I love you." 

Scarlett smiled up at me, but it was then taken away and replace by another frown. "Dan... I'm broken, and I have been broken for fuck knows how long. Our marriage doesn't change it, Annabel doesn't and I don't know what to do." She admitted. 

"What if you were to go to some sort of support group? Surely there must be others like you." I suggested.

"No," Scarlett answered. "I just want to let it go." 

"All this anxiety won't just go by itself, Scar. You have to do something about it." I replied.

"I can't though, when you say it, it sounds easy. It's not easy, Dan. I can't do it. I've tried all my life. Ever since primary school, ever since I was not much older than Anna."

"You have too," I answered. "It'll influence Annabel to be the same. She is to young to understand that it is bad, she'll be the same though, and we don't want that." 

"I know." Scarlett said. "Dan..." she started.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I'm so glad I'm marrying you."

wassup. it is short because i have a headache. i know i'm not that active when it coes to updating anymore, but I'm actually editing unsaid things, so please bear with me...x

-Rachel!