Yes (22)

Scarlett's POV

Dan stood up and walked over to me. "I know what you're going to say, but we technically haven't broke up. And I can't take this any longer but Scarlett, I love you. I love you so damn much," He took my hand. His voice was croaky and he took out a ring. "I want you to marry me."

Was he just messing with me? Was he serious? I mean, he had a ring. A beautiful ring. I just stood there, mouth wide open, tears in my eyes. We have Annabel, too. "Yes." I whispered.

"What?"

"Yes, I'll marry you." I whispered again.

"Oh my god really! I love you so much!" Dan said, wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you too." I sobbed.

And so, I spent literally all night in his arms, until I fell asleep.

The next morning I called my parents. "Hey mum!" I said sheepishly.

"Hi darling, how is things?" She asked.

"Dan and I are engaged!" I announced.

"Oh! That's great! I'll tell your father, Elliot and the girls now!" My mum said, and then hung up.

"I changed my Facebook status. I told my twitter followers. I made a video. If people are still oblivious they officially live on Mars." He said, kissing my cheek. "What's for breakfast?"

"What ever you like." I replied with a smile.

"I want chicken nuggets." Annabel said. 

"Um, no Anna, not for breakfast." I laughed and she frowned.

"Fine, I'll just have some toast." She muttered.

"So today I was gonna try and enroll Annabel into a school." I told Dan.

"Oh really?" Dan asked, pushing the bread down into the toaster.

"Yeah, and then if you want, we can go and get coffee. Like we used too?" I suggested and Dan nodded. 

"Okay." He said.

It was then everything sunk in.

I was engaged.

I was going to be Scarlett Howell. 

I had a family and I would be enrolling my infant daughter into nursury school sometime today.

It felt great.

Lol it's short bc I'm listening to the radio show and doing a load of homework which I completely forgot to do and it is for tomorrow oh no