You're Mine (21)

Summer's POV

"Summer, are you in there?" Phil asked, banging on the door but I didn't answer. My eyelids were heavy and I was tired. "Summer!" He called again. There was a lump in my throat, and pins and needles were creeping up my leg so I couldn't even stand up. "Summer if you don't answer now then I'm coming in."

"Phil," I croaked. "Phil I'm okay." I wasn't okay. I slowly scrambled to my feet and put the pregnancy test in the bin. Okay, I would be okay. I'm an independent twenty five year old woman. I'd be fine. I feel back to the ground, and heard a loud thud. Suddenly the banging on the door was much louder, and I could here Phil scream my name.

There was shouting, I wanted it to stop. My thin, pale arms were folded across my stomach. I took out my mobile phone from my pocket. "Scarlett?" I whispered as it rung. "Scarlett?" I said a little louder but there was no answer. I tried calling her three times, but nothing. Where could I go? What do I do? Very soon my eyes closed and the darkness enveloped me.

I checked the time. It was late afternoon. Stumbling carelessly out of the bathroom I walked in to the lounge area, where my gaze met Phil's. He was watching the television alone. I didn't bother to check what he was watching, that was the least of my worries. "Phil, we have to talk." I said immediately. 

Phil stood up, his icy blue eyes filled with concern. "What's wrong babe?" Phil asked me, taking my hands. I looked down, I wanted to back out. This was a bad idea to begin with. I looked down at my red converse boots uncertainly. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, no, Phil..." I said, "Phil I'm pregnant."

I watched his eyes soften, but then he turned bright red. "You what?" He yells at me. "That's impossible! Are you kidding?"

"No, Phil, I- I'm so- so sorry." I stutter, my breath wavering.

"Sorry isn't gonna prevent me from being a dad, is it! I want nothing to do with this child, get out of my house. I never want to see you again!" 

I woke up sweating. Phil was sitting by my side, next to Charlie, Chris and PJ. I jumped when I saw him, still shaking. He took a hold of my hand. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered, kissing my stomach then my lips.

Scarlett's POV

I couldn't get comfortable sleeping on Marcus' sofa, for so many reasons.

He really creeped me out earlier, when he kissed me. Why did he do that? We hardly even know each other. And well, the second and probably the most important reason, it was really uncomfortable. My phone started to ring, which was confusing because it was like half past ten at night. It was Charlie.

"Please, please come home Scarlett! It's important!" Charlie screamed.

"There is no way in hell I'm going back there!" I replied.

"Even if your best friend is pregnant?!" Charlie asked, shouting again.

"Wait, what, Summer is..."

"YES! Come on please come back. Even if it just for ten minutes! She really wants to see you!"

I sighed, as much as I was upset with her right now. She was my best friend and I loved her. I tip toed out of Marcus Butler's apartment, still creeped out and walked through the dark streets of London.

I was cold.

I knocked on the door and Charlie opened it immediately. "Yay, you came!" Charlie smiled, giving me a hug. I hugged her back and walked inside. 

I saw Summer and Phil sitting on the sofa together. Chris sitting on the floor teaching Annabel the cup song and Dan sitting by himself. I looked at him, he looked at me, then I looked at the ground before he could start questioning. 

"Congratulations." I said to them both. Phil was grinning and Summer was tired.

"Thank you!" Phil smiled and I sat down next to him.

There was so much silence. It was so awkward! "I'm sorry." Dan said quietly and I laughed. "What?" He asked.

"I'm not forgiving you. I can't. You've said sorry so many times." I muttered.

"Please Scarlett." Dan was begging and all the eyes turned to me.

I did love him. I really did love Dan, with all my heart! I wanted to say yes and forgive him, I just couldn't trust him! He meant so much to me.

Dan stood up and walked over to me. "I know what you're going to say, but we technically haven't broke up. And I can't take this any longer but Scarlett, I love you. I love you so damn much," He took my hand. His voice was croaky and he took out a ring. "I want you to marry me."