Getting Wet and Stickers (25)

~i procrastinate so much omg im sorry x~

Scarlett's POV

Dan made everything better, he really did. Last night was now certainly a blur, but sometimes things like this happens. I guess dealing with the hate is clearly more difficult than before, since I'm marrying so many teenage fangirl's idol.

Dan was playing Crash Bandicoot with Phil and Annabel, getting mad with Phil because he was "crap" and that Annabel was "much better" than him. They made me cackle. 

"Mind you, early night tonight. You have your first day tomorrow." I said, opening up the fridge and examining it's contained food. I settled on an apple, because apples are so freaking lush. As I took a bite, Dan paused the game.

"Oh yeah," Phil said, putting down the remote, "are you excited?"

"Definitely!" Dan remarked quickly.

"I was actually talking to Annabel but it's nice to see your enthusiasm." Phil laughed.

Phil picked up Annabel and wandered away, putting her in bed. I sat with Dan and nuzzled my head into his chest. He extended his arm and intertwined his fingers with mine. We didn't say anything we were just enjoying each other's company. Suddenly the door opened to reveal, her her dripping and her clothes soaked right through with water.

"It's raining, y'know." She informed, taking of her jacket and sitting down on the rug next to us. 

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I wanted to get some stickers." She said, producing a pack of silvery Hello Kitty stickers from her pocket.

"Why do you have them?" Dan chuckled lightly.

There was silence. "... I don't remember." Summer sighed, face planting the floor. "Ow!" She yelled afterwards.

"You know, Scarlett, I love you so very much," Dan started and my heart fluttered, "So about the wedding -" 

"No no no." I laughed. "You're not getting out of the planning that easily." I playfully hit him.

"I wasn't trying to get out of wedding planning!" Dan insisted, but then pouted like a small child. "Is coffee still on tomorrow?"

"Of course, but we'll have to take Annabel to school first." I replied and Dan nodded, then yawned.

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." He announced.

"Yeah okay, so am I." I answered wearily, following Dan out of the room. I flicked of the light switch so it was completely dark.

"I'm still here, Scar." Summer said.

"Go to bed." I giggled and walked away.

~the chapter name was a little misleading, oops~