I've Never Stopped. (14)

Skylar's POV

I peeked over the cardboard Nando's menu, making some of my hair fall out of place. I tucked it back around my ear and smiled as the boy with ebony hair smiled at me. "So then she got tripped over by my friend Summer, and stabbed herself!" Phil laughed and I twisted my face. "It was pretty upsetting, although Taylor wasn't our friend. None of us had ever experienced a death, you know?"

"Well that certainly does sound eventful." I admitted as the boy told me about his past stories. Each one sounded so unique in it's own way. He had happy ones, sad ones, and ones which made me feel a bit angry. I turned around to face the clock on the wall. "Oh, is that the time? It was nice talking to you, Phil, but I have to go now. Sorry!" I said, turning my heel and took a step away from the table.

"Wait, do you think I could get your number, if you don't mind?" Phil asked me and I looked back at him. 

"Yeah sure." We swapped mobile phones and I entered my name and number into his iPhone, then passed it back.

"Thank you, can I call you tonight?" Phil asked and I nodded.

"Bye Phil!" I waved.

"Bye Sky!" He waved back.

Summer's POV

I watched the girl leave without Phil and breathed a sigh of relief. I wanted to go up to him and tell him that I was really in love with him, but I couldn't do that. No doubt he already had feelings for that girl. He was so over me. 

I walked out of Nando's, holding my breath to prevent me from crying. The tears weren't falling. No, not yet. By the time I had passed  a few blocks away, I kneeled against a wall in the back lane before letting out a gasp, as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

I never usually cried; I wasn't the crying sort. "Sorry!" I choked out, sobbing. "I'm sorry Phil. Why couldn't things work between us?" I started talking to myself. I have always loved him, since the day we met. I realized I needed to tell him - before anything else happened between him and that girl from Nandos.

I could have been wrong. It's probably too late. I looked down at my feet when I saw a shadow towering over me. I looked up then I was pushed to the stone ground, grazing my elbows and cheek. I tried stumbling back to my feet and opened my eyes, but it was hard for me to see, so I had to squint. It was a man, around the same height as Phil and Dan. He had spikey blonde hair and big bulky glasses.

Oh my god. Oh my god. I am going to get murdered. I am going to get raped in this back lane by this blonde man. I shivered and pushed him away. "Hey, don't push! I heard you shouting!" He said taking my hand and lifting me up.

"Who are you?" I asked him, rubbing my eyes. "And why did you push me on to the ground?" 

"I'm Marcus Butler. You don't remember me?" He introduced.

"Can't say I do." I admitted.