McDonalds, Frozen and New Video (23)

Scarlett's POV

"I got Annabel into a school." I announced, putting my purse down on the counter. Dan kissed my cheek and walked back over to the stove. I could smell curry.

"Really, what school?" Dan asked curiously.

"Brooklyn Primary School." I replied. "It's supposed to be really good. It has a zero tolerance bullying scheme too." 

"Great!" Dan answered. His phone started to ring and he answered it.

I walked into Annabel's bedroom and told her. She seemed happy but was more concerned about the head she had pulled of from her Barbie doll. "You start on Wednesday," I told her. "Not tomorrow, but the day after."

Annabel didn't answer, and was just humming 'Let It Go' from Frozen, to herself. Wearily, I walked back into the kitchen and smelt the thick scent of burning. I called for Dan but he couldn't hear and very soon the smoke alarm went off. That caught his attention.

After switching it back off, and putting the burned dinner into the bin, we decided we should go to McDonalds.

The queue was long and the store was busy. Reluctantly, we found seats and Dan brought us our orders. "This is our first meal together as a family." Dan said, stuffing a chip in his mouth. "Nothing better than a McDonalds though." Annabel and I laughed.

"Ooh look I got a little raccoon thing in my Happy Meal!" Annabel said. "I love it, I'm going to keep it forever!" She said, hugging it close to her chest.

"Is it going to have a name?" Dan asked.

"Elsa! Like the snow queen from Frozen!" She grinned.

"Oh it's a girl?" I asked Annabel.

"Yes! She can be like my sister!" Annabel replied.

"How come?" Dan asked, his eyes boring into the fluffy plush toy.

"In the movie Frozen, Elsa's sister is called Anna! My name is Annabel, and it sounds simillar. Why couldn't you call me Anna?" Annabel frowned.

"We're sorry," I apoligised curtly on behalf of Dan and I, "We just thought you would look like an Annabel."

"Oh well." Annabel shrugged, eating a golden, crispy chicken nugget. 

We finished and went out shopping in the town square. I got some new clothes. Dan got a new shirt and headphones, and Annabel got an Anna and Elsa Frozen doll. We went back home to find Phil and Summer had already let themselves in the apartment while we had gone, and were sat on the sofa.

"How are you?" I asked Summer.

"Great!" Phil replied, not realizing who I was talking to. I shrugged it off and put down my  stuff in the kitchen. 

"We can go to Starbucks on Wednesday," Dan said, putting of our plans, "when Annabel is at school."

"Fine by me." I answered and was passed the two dolls, in the boxes. Annabel gestured for me to open the packaging and I did, however with great struggle. 

"We should make another YouTube video." Summer suggested.

"Good idea," I remarked, before taking the video camera and walking into Summer's room. I flicked it on.

"Hi guys." Summer greeted first, and I gave the camera a small, awkward wave. I really hadn't gotten used to this yet. "I have some news!...and so does Scarlett, but me first because mine is more important!" 

"Thanks." I muttered sarcastically and Summer laughed at me.

"Okay, okay. Phil and I are having a baby! We're so excited as well. We only just found out earlier. Meanwhile..." Summer started but then I nervously cut her off.

"Dan and I are engaged." I smiled. "Um , we're both super excited too. You probably already know if you are following, subscribed and liked Dan's Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube page, because it didn't take him long to make it public."

"He was very enthusiastic." Summer said and I nodded in agreement.

"Yes. It would mean a lot if no one hated, because we're both very happy. So why not be happy with us?" I smiled. 

"Sorry this is short. We just wanted to make some things clear. You could all send some questions in and we can do and Ask Summer and Scarlett next video?"

"Yeah, that would be great!" I smiled.

"Bye guys." We said in unison before turning the camera off.

I had an awful feeling in my stomach. What if they didn't like me? What if they didn't like the fact that me and Dan are getting married? All the Dangirls, and Phan shippers.... but obviously, there was the supportive Darlett fans. Hate always seems to stand out more than love. I sighed to myself and noticed Summer had already left the room. I stood up and put away the camera into the cupboard ready for the next video.