Chapter 37

“Em, we don’t have any time! We have to meet Collin in two hours!” Liam ran after me just as I was out the door.

            “Don’t worry, I’ll be back in fifteen minutes, and this will help us get to Collin.” I smiled and ran out the door.

*Liam’s POV*

            Just as promised, Emily returned fifteen minutes later with bags full of stuff. I got up off the chair I was sitting in and walked over to her.

            “What did you get?” I asked her and she just started laughing. I tried to look in the bag but she walked past me before I could catch a glimpse. I followed her over to the couch to see her dump out the contents of the bag.

            “Wigs?” I asked, picking up the two wigs Emily got. One was a blonde wig with a short, wind-swept hairstyle. The other was a red head wig with hair down to about the shoulder.

            “And I also got these…” Emily said while laughing. She then went to the other bag and took out two fat suits.

            “Why?” I looked up at her, seeing her standing clutching her stomach in laughter.

            “Because I’m going to make us into old people.” She said matter of factly and turned around to rummage through everything she bought.

            “But why?” I asked again, turning her back around to face me.

            “Because I’m under a lot of stress right now and I want to have some fun.” She sighed and her smile turned into a frown. She slowly sat down and started playing with the hairs on the blonde wig.

            “No, no, no, you were so happy, don’t be sad. What do you want to do?” I asked, trying to stop her from being upset.

            “I… I don’t know.” She said, looking down.

            “Then how about I start?” I asked, with no reply from her. So I got up and took some of the make-up Emily bought. I tried to figure out what the powder was, but I couldn’t. “You’re not really going to make me do this on my own?”

            With a small giggle from Emily, she got up and sat me down on the couch.

            “I’ll start…” she smiled and reached for the powder, and started putting it on my face.

            “So that’s what that’s for…”

            Almost an hour and a half later Emily and I were done.  We both looked unrecognizable. My face was made paler and had freckles all over it, along with the blonde wig I was wearing. I had put on the fat suit, which wasn’t that big, and it instantly made me look different.