Ch-26

Chapter-26

------------------------------

(Spirit)

We have been walking around Shibusen for about an hour, asking the civilians if they've seen anyone or anything strange lately. Each one said the same answer, "No." I was getting pretty aggravated and suggested, "I know that it is a bad idea, but why don't we go to ---(Blair's work place)--- I mean her and her co-workers always know what's going around this dead city."

Stein's look didn't change, but his eyes looked hesitant. With a slight turn he said, "Alright then. To hoe land!" I would use my soul wavelength on him but I quickly realized how dangerous that would be. For me that is.

We arrived at the building but before we stepped in, Stein let me leave my weapon form. Liz always said this but, MY BACK IS KILLING ME!! One more soul for the boss. I opened the doors and the girls screamed in delight, well the ones I've worked with. Then Stein came in behind me and everything fell silent. Some men had clung to walls and tried slithering their way out of the doors.  

Before Blair and two of her friends could escape, I stopped them.

I said, "All three of you are witches right???" They nodded, not once taking their scared eyes off of Frank. I can't blame them. I grasped all three of their hands, ignoring their whines of protest, and dragged them back to the DWMA. Noticing that they weren't there, we went to death manor where we found most of them standing outside of a poor Kid's room. Inside you could see Lord Death pacing/floating back and forth as Soul was kneeling near a bed with Kid on it.

I frowned and pulled the witches into the room. Death and Albino looked towards me and asked, "What are you doing?" Stein who was right beside me said, "Soul. You said something about a necklace that made you know this is an original and not fake Kid, Right?" I finished, "These witches might know something about it." Pushing all three of them forward, Blair squealed as she saw Kid was back. First she explained what happened to her friends and soon enough, they were observing the raven boy.

Blair asked, "So, about this necklace?" Soul pulled from a hidden chain on Kid's neck, exposing a small pumpkin carriage. The witches looked as though they remembered it instantly! I asked, "What is it?" One girl said, "Blair! Isn't that the necklace you made?!" Then the second girl, "I thought you lost it?" Blair completed, "I did lose it! During that battle against... What's his name? Nicholas? Jonah?"

Most of us uttered, "Noah...!"

Blair nodded and continued, "That guy! But there was something more to the necklace above its beauty and my fabulous self as the creator, that makes it powerful." Death said in a low tone, "Does it consider erasing a person's memories?" Blair looked surprised and said, "Yes! How did you know?!" The boss looked very hesitant to speak and the same with Evans. "Kid's memories are lost." I said. Blair's cat ears drooped down as she added on, "That's terrible. But there was something even more to it. It's at the tip of my tongue!" One of her friends piped, "I remember that you always keep the ingrediants and what the product does on jewelry in your magic book. Bad thing is, it's stuck within... 'The pile'

Blair looked terrified and Stein asked, "What is, 'The pile'?" Blair answered, "It's a bunch of weird souvenirs that I collected over the course of my life and kept it all in a pile. It takes up one room as big as this one. And that magic book is somewhere deep inside of it."

Soul shouted, "I'll do anything for Kid!" Then my darling Maka added, "I'll help you." "Me too." Cathy added. I walked over to Soul and rested a hand on his shoulder. I kneeled down to his height and whispered, "Soul, I know you would do anything for Kid. But you can't search for the book. Right now your job is trying to crack his memories to return as soon as possible. I'll take your spot for now."

He looked up to me surprised and whispered back, "Not to be rude or anything. But don't they both hate you? How will you handle that?" It really pained me to hear that because I didn't have an answer. I fake smiled and stood back up. Looking to Blair, I asked, "So where exactly is this pile?" She told me that it was in the back room of ----- and I immediately left. Not that I really took notice too it, but I was being silently followed.

------------------------------------

Only a couple seconds ago, I just found out that Maka's real mom's name is Kami. If you think I should change it to Kami instead of Catherine, please let me know. Also, I guess i lied about the whole time thingy with Lord Death and all but it will come up soon.

ERM-KAY-BYE!!!!!!!!!!-Always12345/Nicole