Ch-45

Chapter- 45

---------------------

(Normal)

Soul paced back and forth in the guest room of Death Manor, Thinking on what to do next all while avoiding Kid for the time being. He knew that he can't run away. Not without a reason. 'Maybe,' he thought, 'I can just pull up a mission that will last for a long while?' Then he thought of his miester including himself, 'That would mean a lot of work and Maka wouldn't want to leave when her mom is around.'

The albino continued his pondering, 'Maybe I could do the old fashion way and dig a tunnel with a spoon at the cemetery.' an obstacle came to mind that caused him to grimace. 'But I might hit a coffin or a random dead body. WHAT IF IT ISN'T EVEN DEAD?!?!?!'  

Soul walked and thought. Walked and thought. Walked and thought. Sometimes even hitting a wall or stumbling on the bed edges by accident. It didn't bother him anyway. Nothing would pop up the slightest thing that could help him with these problems. 'Problems.' that word was all too fake. Soul could hear the red demon's voice speak out, "There are no such things as problems Evans. You're using that word as a scapegoat from the reality."

Soul swatted away the empty space around him as if though a mosquito was searching for an opening. He knew that he had to get some fresh air, and now. Soul popped open his door and rushed out, not even caring about whoever he bumped into on the way. He slid down the stair railings like Patty always did then moved his way towards the front door. Passing by the kitchen, he spent only a small second of his time to peek in and watch as his miester and the Thompsons were having fun making breakfast. Most would smile to this kind of sight, but he couldn't do that right now. He grabbed the handle and swung the dang thing open. What stood before him was something he would have rather not wished to see. . . like ever.

Standing between himself and the rest of the world was the dude from the mall with a raised fist like he was about to knock. 'Wasn't his name Allen? Where's that Wilson dude?' the albino thought. He slowly looked past the tan boys shoulder to see the other standing there. "Why don't you just kill him here? I can take over if you want." Soul tried his best not to punch, not wanting to give in to temptation. 

Doing his up most to avoid a pointless fight, Soul brushed past, making extra sure to harshly bump shoulders with the other. As the red-eyed weapon walked away towards his motorcycle, he heard the guy yell out from behind, "YO!! What's your deal bro?!"

The albino stopped in his tracks and retraced his steps backwards until he was back to where the guy was. Soul grabbed him by the collar and hissed, "We are not what you call 'bros' and never will be. Not untilmy first one is dead along with his new pal. If you want to become friends with someone, go talk to the boy with three white stripes. He's somewhere inside but right now, I could care less. Heck he would just love to know about his crush!" 

Soul dropped him and sped off towards his bike, quickly inserting his keys then driving away. He wanted- no needed, a place quiet enough for him to think clearly without disruption. As he passed plain citizens, fellow students,  and even teachers. The voice played over and over in his head like a broken record, "He doesn't want to remember you. Death the Kid will never love you."

(Kid)

The blow came out of nowhere, causing me to fall back and land on my butt. When I looked to see the source of the push I could only get a slim glance at spiky white hair. Knowing who it was gave me an instant boost of recovery to get up and go after. When I caught sight of the floor downstairs, Soul was already gone. 'That was fast. NOT TIME FOR THOUGHTS!!!!' I rushed down the steps, skipping every other one all while holding my balance along the railings.