Ch-34

Chapter-34

--------------------

(Maka)

After I told Soul that I was going to find my mom a place to sleep tonight he just let me be. Whatever Death is doing to Kid, I'll have to figure it all out later. Family comes first. Mother and I had been viewing the different hotels for her to pick from, I would have offered for her to stay at me and Soul's place but that would be a bad ending.

Before Kid disappeared, Soul was always messy. I would always Maka-chop him with the thickest book I had in my huge collection, than he would instantly clean it spotless. The next day it would be the same and the process would continue.

After Kid disappeared, Soul didn't even care that I chopped him. His depression swallowed his soul nor allowing him to realize what was happening in his surroundings.

School will be back in a couple weeks and everything will be pulled back towards us. I worry for Soul and Kid with all my heart. Soul is my brother, blood-relation or not. But if Kid has to be his brother as well, then Kid is my sibling to?

I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt cold metal come into contact with my face. I felt back on my rump and rubbed my face. I looked up to see my mother's hand near me. I took it and was pulled up. "Where is your head right now? You hit a pole!" she said while laughing. My eyes blinked confusingly towards her then looked to my right to see the gray pole I hit.

It had a sign dangling from it that wrote, 'DropDead-Inn'

My mother squealed and ran inside. After I stepped in after her, she yelled out, "MARIA?!?!?" There was running followed by another woman's voice shouting out, "Catherine????" some lady came out from behind the counter almost startling me. Almost. The two ran towards each other and created one giant bear hug. All of a sudden it turned into a conversation that didn't look like it was going to end soon so I just simply decided to walk out of the Inn to get some fresh air.

I walked in circles for a little bit on the cobble-stone floor before walking over to a nearby fountain. Half of the sky was turning black while the other stayed pink and fiery. You could see the creepy Sun and Moon fighting over who should stay up. Moon was winning. To watch the sky while having the sound of rushing water fill my ears, it was a beautiful feeling. I laid down on my back, allowing my pigtails to lye helplessly against the stone underneath me. After getting into a nice and comfortable spot, my eyes slowly closed.

I tried to preserve my hearing towards nature to hear the wind blowing, leaves flying, crickets, chirping, yelling about directions, and. . . Wait what? I opened my left eye-lid only to be met with a blue one. Out of surprised reaction, I instantly screamed and allowed my instinctive hand to ball up in a fist and connect it with his face. Well, almost did. But a cold hand stopped mine.

The boy stood back to reveal his grip on my fist. I didn't like looking upside down so I turned myself to lay on top of my stomach. The boy that had been in my face was sitting calmly in front of me with his hand now my his side. I looked long and hard at him, especially at his hair. I have dirty blonde hair, I think this guy is a bleach? 

I bet he was most likely going to say something but another guy that I didn't even notice before had pushed him into the fountain. He was tan and had a cool looking hat. I watched a little shocked as the two quickly got into a fight. It looked like Soul and BlackStar when they fight. After a while they got pretty annoying so I stood up to leave but the tan kid grabbed my elbow.

"Is this the cheapest place to stay at in this town?" He asked. I looked back at them and nodded. "You guys travelers or something?" I asked. They both shook their heads and the bleach kid spoke, "We were looking for the DWMA and decided to find a place to stay before we die outside."

I awkwardly nodded and asked, "New kids huh? I'm miester Maka Albarn, who are you two?" Tan boy said, "I'm Allen the great collector and that's Soaky the idiot." Well then, Soaky completely forgot where he was at and instantly jumped out from within the fountain. He tried shaking some water off like a dog but it came to no avail. He gave up and groaned, "It's not Soaky. It's Wilson the Brainiac nerd." I laughed on the inside at that last part but didn't let my emotions appear.

I said, "Well this place looks nice. It's near the academy so I think it would be great. But I suggest you look at other things instead for a while. The lady in the front is very busy at the moment." The Wilson guy asked, "Are you staying here?" I shook my head and replied, "No. My mom came for a visit and decided to stay here. Well. . . it depends really if she wants me to stay for the night or not. Oh and never get in my face like that again or I will murder you with a encyclopedia. Or two!" I threatened.

He backed away and tugged on his friends shoulder while saying, "C'mon! It's already really dark!" I looked up at to the sky to see the battle between the moon and sun were over. I bet you can already guess the winner. I looked back to where the guys were but, they weren't there anymore. 'Probably headed inside already' I thought.

I was about to go back to sitting on the fountain when I heard my mom's voice call out, "Maka! Come on in dear!" My legs turned my body around then started to walk back towards DropDead-Inn. I walked inside to be greeted with a big hug from my mother.

"I'm staying here! Does my little-Maka want to have a sleepover???" She asked while using a baby voice. Usually if it was Dad saying that. I wouldn't even look at him as I would hit him with any book I was reading at the moment. Since its Mom saying it though, "Yes I would love to!"

We went up a flight of stairs instead I'd using the elevator for purposes that we could care less about. We talked and talked until the two boys outside popped up inside my head. I asked, "Say Mom? Did you see any two teenagers walk in to the Inn before you called me?"

She shook her head.

I immediately switched the subject to something about what people in America eat. But while we were talking about it, my mind was still set in the two guys. They seemed, so familiar in a way but I can't put my finger on it. Oh well. To be honest with you, I think Wilson looked kind of cute.