Ch-25

Chapter-25

------------------------------------------------------------

(Maka POV)

Everyone, including me; stared with our jaws dropped at the two. Soul, why would you say that? To your lover???

I watched as Kid's confused face lifted to an understanding as he started saying, "Ohhhh!!! Well that makes a whole lot more sense. I was actually starting to freak out for a second there. But wait. . . Why don't I know you then? Or any of you? Your all strangers yet at the same time. . . I feel like I've met you all."

A spark of hope was seen from Soul; as clear as day. I was feeling it too, but I've learned my lesson for building up to much hope. Just like when I hoped too much for Mom and Dad to get along and love each other again. Utter failure.

But why?! Soul is meant to say, 'I'm your lover!' he should scream it to the heavens for Pete's sake! By the way, who is Pete? No more falling off track Maka, off the track means your a slack! Mom would never allow that. I have to find out why Soul is saying these things.

I gripped a fistful of his hair and dragged him with me to the edge of the platform. Discarding the weird looks of all other souls around us. At the edge I talked in a low voice, "Why are you saying that your his 'brother' instead of 'lover'?! I don't understand!" 

He knew why I talked softly so he did to, "Because Maka, if you didn't know somebody, and they just randomly say, 'I love you'. Then start saying that you were boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time. . . Would you just believe them???"

My mouth opened and closed multiple times but no words would come out. Soul had a point and all, but I still don't understand. 

I asked, "But why are you going to be his brother??" Soul looked surprised that I still haven't figured it out, which I am to. He said, "Think of it. Family is the closest thing I can get to. Best friend or not would just turn his head around. I'm terrified inside that Kid is gone, but knowing that the necklace is on him including my Love, I have hope. You should too."

I nodded and looked back to the group. Kid was in Shinigami-sama's arms and was being held so close. I then looked over to my dad, standing right next to that hooded woman. Who is she anyways? She was the one who found Kid. 

Soul read my mind and asked, "I need to know who she is. She found Kid so I have to give her my absolute thanks." 

I once again nodded and helped him stand up before walking back to everybody else with Soul.

I can't see this lady through her hood, but I know she's staring into my soul. It felt creepy! Soul and I stood in front of her now. Soul asked once again, "Excuse me? May I please know who you are?" From behind us I heard Lord Death mutter, "This will be sweet."  

What does he mean by that? Sweet?

The lady stepped forward and grasped onto me. My eyes grew wide in surprise. 

She whispered, "I've missed you so much. . ." 'That voice. I know it.' I thought

She pulled back herself and the hood. The woman had dirty blond hair like mine, beautiful green eyes, soft skin. Everything about her was perfect. Only one person could have such quality. 

"MOM!!!!!!" I screamed as I hugged her. 

She hugged me back.

I unwillingly began to bawl into her chest. Dad came over quickly and hugged me from behind. I know I'm meant to hate him and all but. . . now that he's here, I feel like we're all whole again. A complete family like before the divorce. Divorce. I thought that was my favorite part.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked. Dad looked curios as well. My mother answered, "Well. I was trying to come back from my trip to from Paris to come visit my baby girl. I decided to rest at the nearest town and come surprise you in the morning. Walking through that town, gave me memories of when your father and I were teenagers.

I was about to walk into one of the hotels, but something caught my eye. It was a boy. About the same age as my little girl. He was staggering around looking as if he had no idea where he was. Let alone WHO he was.

I walked up to him and tried to ask for his name, but he just... collapsed! He had dropped to his knees and fell over. I immediately ran over to him and picked him up, realizing how COLD he is! Skin like ice! Opening my suitcase, I pulled out two cloaks. One for me and one for him. I put on mine then wrapped the boy in his. The shivering stopped soon after as he rested in my arms. Although he barely had anything to represent it, I knew that this kid was a Shinigami so I called the one and only death.

Soon enough your Father and Stein appeared and brought me back here. So here I am now, finishing my answer, to your question." 

I love it when my mom makes jokes like that. I would cry, but this really wasn't a great time. I looked to Soul then back to my mom and said, "I would love to talk some more mom, but I must be a great miester like you and help my weapon Soul." She smiled brightly and nodded. My dad though, he disappeared. Along with proffeser Stein. Like I care, he's probably going out for drinks. It isn't new anyways. Even if mom has returned after such a long trip. Baka. 

(Spirit POV)

'No... no... no , no , nononononoNONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS EVERYTHING FALLING APART!? FIRST THE KISHIN IS ----- THEN THE KIDNAPPING, NOW THE MEMORY LOSS, ALONG WITH CATHERINE!!!! Maka.... my baby girl will finally escape me with her mother... Who am i kidding? It was bound to happen  anyways, i just hoped that i would have more time to ask for her forgiveness.'

I stood on the (almost) roof of the DWMA, thinking of how close to everything has changed in under  a year. To think, i believed that i should forever hate my own daughter's weapon and boss's son so that they would get the picture to not date my Maka. But it turns out they had loved eachother. As a father, i thought i would never except their decision of a relationship, but it soon turned out ok. I wonder how everyone else is doing?

"Why don't you go and ask them?"

I jumped to the voice even though i knew who it was. Stein. Nobody else, above Azusa, could make my bones shake so much with only their voice.  I slowly turned my head towards him to see he was looking over the edge at the rest of the city like me. He then locked his gaze with me and asked, "So why you up here? I thought you would atleast be with Cathy and start to get in the mood so you can get the chance to have Maka look happy while your still there."  I sighed and replied, "Tell me Frank? Do you actually believe Maka would feel happy while im still there? Or would she just tell her mother to run away from the demon that ruined her family?! Ugh. . . Doesn't matter. She's going to leave with her mother anyways."

Stein put a hand on my shoulder... now at this point, you think that Stein is going to do that whole thing where they say, 'That's life for you, you just have to face it.' but no... Guess what? HE UDSED HIS SOULWAVELENGTH ON ME!!!!!!!!! The force caused me to fly across the roof and land on the other side!! I would have probably broke a bone if I didn't turn into my cross form at the last second. I was about to switch back, but Frank picked me up in a tight grip to where i couldnt escape. Before i could even complain about this, he spoke deeply, "Were going to find something that will help us with Kid's current state. Then your baby girl and X-wife will be proud of you and you will all spend time together then you and Cathy will fall in love again then a nice family is reborn. Just like the movies. But no Dragonball-Z stances alright Spirit?"                                        Through the reflection of my blade you could see my nervous sweat trailing down allover my face!! Scratch that. MY BODY!!!  

Why cant i just live normaly!?!?!?!

-------------------------------------------------------

So im finally starting to type on my family laptop so im not sure if things will speed up or not. In one of my old chapters i made Shinigami-sama say that it was 136 days and 3,264 hours. Well in the next chapter, I'll get someone to tell you how much it is now. 

ERM-KAY-BYE!!! ~ Always12345/Nicole