Shopping With Emily

Over the next couple of days the sickness has gone away which is so nice! I've also barely seen Paul or any of the guys for that matter. Sam's been working them into the ground because of all the new vampires and what not, so I've been with Emily most of the time.

"Hey Em!" I find her, of course in the kitchen-that woman does too much.

"Hey Scar. How are you?"

"Better finally." I say with a smile.

Emily and I were talking the other day and she mentioned how weird it was that my 'morning sickness' started so soon and ended so quickly.

*Flashback*

"What do you mean Em?" I ask in confusion, not really thinking into it.

"I mean that my morning sickness didn't really start until I was about a month pregnant—after I'd skipped my cycle, and it lasted for a good week almost two!"

"Well okay I agree that me being sick started early because I was what sick for six days? Maybe my body's just different?"

I mean yeah I started showing the signs before I had even skipped my period, but the tests still said I was, for sure. Uh oh....

"Em. What–what if that because Paul and I are both 'supernatural'- if you will. What if my pregnancy is sped up by just a little bit..."

It had to be by a little bit, because I'm not showing at all- maybe it's just the symptoms that speed up...

"I don't know how I didn't think I that earlier, but that's a very good point.. But like you said it could be your body so maybe we should schedule an appointment to just see how far a long you are. That way we can put the two estimated times together and see what's going on."

"Gah Em. You're a genius!"

So that's what happened, Emily and I decided that she'll come with me to my appointments until I tell Paul so at least I'll have someone there with me.

"You wanna head up to Port Angeles and start on some Christmas shopping?...And possibly some baby shopping!" Emily says with a big cheesy smile, and I can't help but laugh at her face.

"Are you sure we can leave town? Get the okay from Sam?" I say with sarcasm dripping through it all. She just rolls her eyes at me.

"Oh shut up Scar. Yes we can go, he knows we still need to do our normal things. And anyways you have powers, so if anything happens you can save us."

We laugh at how she worded it as we grab money and whatever else we might need and head out the door.

The drive actually goes pretty fast, probably because there was barely any traffic but also we just talked about everything, like nothing was going on, nobody is in danger. By the time we get to the mall Emily and I are starving, so we find a deli place that has fresh meat since you can't have lunch meat when you're pregnant, and the strange thing is, is that I order banana peppers with my sandwich.

"I though you hated banana peppers Scar..?" Emily says with a raised eyebrow and a smirk in my direction.

"Shut up. They sounded good okay?"

"It's the pregnancy cravings! Remember how I told you when you get pregnant I'm going to give you shit for your weird cravings like you did mine?"

"Yeah. But mine isn't weird like ice cream and peanut butter thank you very much!"

"Oh just wait. They'll get crazier. Believe me."

We laugh and eat our healthy sandwiches, since I can't eat a lot of junk anymore... And head off to the first store which is a baby store! We get inside and we immediately head to the clothes, just can't help it!

"Hey Em, do you want it to be a boy or a girl?" I ask as I look at a pink onesie with a stitched in tutu, grinning at how cute it is.

"I wouldn't really care honestly. I mean before I've always wanted a baby girl, cuz they seem so much easier than boys, but I wouldn't care either way. I know Sam wants a baby girl so he can spoil her rotten, but of course she'd be a daddy's girl. What about you?" Personally I had always wanted a girl, but I don't mind either way.

"I dunno honestly, and I'm not finding the gender out before hand! I like the surprise and it makes you really think of great names for each gender. But I've always wanted a baby girl so I could dress her up and yes spoil her- Paul probably would too. But now that I think about it, I'd want to have a boy first."

Emily tilts her head in confusion as she looks at me across the rack so I continue.

"I grew up always having Jared by my side. It's nice knowing there is someone always going to be there to look out for you, protect you from everything and anything. I'd want my kids to have that same kind of feeling, ya know?"

She nods and we continue looking, and I come across something that would be the perfect idea of telling Paul about the baby.

"Hey Em, how did you tell Sam you were pregnant?" She smiles at the memory and it makes me excited to tell Paul, when the time comes.

"Well of course I had to wait until the whole newborn thing was over, so it was after I had found out and when I told you. And he started stressing over nothing so I told him he needs to stop stressing because it isn't good for us. He didn't understand so I said 'Yeah us. You, me , and Little Uley.' It took him about five seconds to figure out who I was referring to and when he did he couldn't be happier. Why have you thought of a way to tell Paul?"

I look back to the booties and grin like a maniac and become even more excited for my idea, and his reaction to our baby.