Stuck

"Like that." Harry said as he crossed his arms.

"Mr. Pearson, please tell me what's going on." I pleaded, looking the man in the eye.

He looked kind of scared for a moment, because he knew that I was going to get mad. He quickly regained his confidence and pointed at the paper, or more specifically, the paragraph that states that I can't be in a relationship with Harry if I sign.

"It means what it says and it says what it means Lily. I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell me that in the first place! Why didn't you think to tell me that I'd have to break up with my boyfriend?!" I yelled at him, getting madder and madder by the second.

Harry grabbed ahold of my arm and led me to the hallway where I sat down on the ground with my back against the wall. Harry sat down beside me and let out a sigh.

"What are you thinking?" He asked me as he grabbed ahold of my hand and squeezed.

"I don't really know. It just kind of all happened at once, and I'm not sure what to do about it." I told him as I leaned into his shoulder.

"Yeah, I know. But aren't you glad I told you to read over the contract before you signed it!" He said with a laugh.

"Yeah I guess so..." I told him with a small, shaky laugh.

"Why don't you call Maddie and them, and I'm going to go talk to this guy."

"Okay." I said as I took the hand that was outstretched to me to help me up. "Just don't do or say anything that either of us will regret later."

"I'll try." He said with a wink as he went back into the office.

I pulled out my phone and opened Skype, looking for Maddie's number. I clicked the button to call her and waited.

"Hey, what's going on?" She asked me.

"Well, I got offered a record deal."

"Lily that's great!" She shouted.

"But, I can't still be with Harry if I accept."

"Not so great." She said as her face dropped.

"Yeah. Harry is talking to the man right now, and he told me to call you and try and calm down."

"Well, what are you going to do?" She asked me as she wandered through the house aimlessly.

"I don't know yet... I want to accept the offer and sign the contract right now, but I can't stand to lose Harry. You know what I mean?"

"I don't really know what you mean, but I can try and understand. I don't like what I'm understanding." She told me as she finally sat in the living room on the couch.

"Are you talking to yourself again Maddie?" A voice said from behind her.

"No Louis, I'm talking to Lily." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Hey Lily!" Louis said as he made himself visible on the screen.

"Hey Lou!" I said.

"Whatcha doin'?" He asked me.

Maddie leaned over and whispered something in his ear, and his eyes got really wide before he looked back at the screen.

"I'm so sorry." He said.

"It's fine... All good things must come to an end right?" I said.

"Are you talking about your relationship or the contract?" They asked me at the same time.

I saw Harry coming out of the office looking very mad.

"I have to go. Bye!" I said as I waved at the two as they frantically tried to understand what I was talking about.

"Lily Ross! Answer m-" I hung up.

"What's going on out here? I heard yelling." Harry said as he came and sat down beside me.

"I left Maddie hanging. So, how'd things go with Zack?"

"Well..." He put his arm around me. "I don't really know." He said with a laugh.

"Well, what'd you say to him?" I asked.

"I just told him that he was going to have to find a way to get you to sign the contract and not have to break up with me at the same time." He said, smiling at me.

"You said that to him?!?" I said with a laugh.

"Yes he did. You really got a good one there Ms. Ross." He said with a nod of his head.

"I know, he is pretty great isn't he?" I leaned my head against his, and then I went to stand up.

"So have you figured out if you were going to sign the contract or not?"

He had a look on his face that made me not trust him, but it was gone as soon as it came. I thought it over in my head, and I realized that I didn't have an answer yet.

"Well... Umm... I don't really know." I said honestly.

"Well, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I don't know how long I can have the offer on the table. Its not going to be there forever, so you're going to have to make a decision sooner rather than later."

I looked between the man standing in front if me with a smug look on his face and the young man that I'm proud to call my boyfriend trying my hardest to make a decision on the spot.

"Lily, I'm going to have to ask that you make a decision before tomorrow."

"You expect me to make the decision of leaving my boyfriend and signing a record deal immediately? Well guess what, this company is going to have to do without me." I said as I helped Harry to his feet.

"What?" The man said with a worried look on his face.

"I'm saying no." I turned and walked out of the building.

Two chapters in one day? What!! That's crazy! 😂 Just for you guys because you helped me get to 1,000 readers. Thank you so much again! I love you guys! 💖 ~ The Author