Chapter 8

*Garroth*

I wander around the empty park aimlessly, looking at the colorful leaves dancing in the wind. The colors of autumn almost made me think of the world being set on fire, the smoldering heat replaced with a crisp chill. I could see why Aphmau loved fall so much, it was much more beautiful here than O'khasis. There, everything simply turned brown and died. Pleasant, right?

I notice a small cafè across the street and decide a hot chocolate couldn't hurt a thing. So I cross the street and enter, warmth spreading cross me. The smell of pastries and coffee was almost amazingly overwhelming, and costumers sat around, chatting while taking sips of their drink or bites of muffins. It was a rather charming little building, honestly,

I walk up to the counter, an older woman smiling warmly at me, matching the atmosphere. I could almost laugh. What was this, a cheesy rom-com? (*sweats nervously* he's becoming self aware)

"Well, hello there, deary. You must be new around here, eh?" The woman I presume owns the cafè

"Uhmm, y-yes ma'am." I facepalm internally for stuttering. I never was good with talking in general.

"Oh, lovely. I'm Hyria." She thankfully doesn't say anything about the stutter.

"Garroth." I smile back awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you, son. So what would you like?"

I order a hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin, because it's important to treat yourself. (if you get that reference right I love you more than I already do)

I'm about to leave the cafè when I hear a slightly familiar voice.

"Garroth?" Laurance smiles at me.

"Oh! H- hey Laurance!" I stammer again. Ugh. I sounded way too excited to see him.

Then again. Seeing him sure didn't hurt my eyes anyways.

He was sitting in a booth, a sketchbook under his hand, light brown hair brushed nicely, unlike my hot mess of blond curls.  His ice blue eyes glittered, almost as if he was happy to see me too. Must be a trick of the light.  His teeth were white against tan skin. I should stop staring and describing his every feature like a creep, shouldn't I?

"Whatcha doing here, new guy?" Laurance asks, a small smile playing  at the corners of his mouth. Too cute for my inner gay to handle.

"I.. uh.. m-muffin."

....

I sounded so stupid. Enki help me.

"Pffftttt haha! Oh my irene, Garroth," Laurance laughs. "You need to lighten up! Come sit,I don't bite." He grins teasingly.

I laugh awkwardly and sit on the other side of the booth.

This could get interesting.

~°~°~°~

A/n: Are you kidding me. this has like, 25 or so votes on it right now. You guys are awesome! And 170+ reads? Where are you all coming from?! Semi cliffhanger, sorry not sorry.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Bye bye ~  ♡