Chapter 19~ the totally platonic date

*Garroth*

After leaving the bakery, me and Laurance soon enough find ourselves in a thrift shop, trying on goofy hats and jackets.

Laurance sneaks behind me, putting a plastic crown on my head.

"All hail Prince Garroth, future king of O'khasis!" He jokes, taking a bow.

I grin, grabbing a guards helmet, placing it on his head. "Knight Laurance." I state simply, with a nod.

He laughs, taking off the helm, looking at me with his icy blue eyes. "You're such a dork." He punches me lightly in th arm, and I hope he doesn't notice me wince or tense up

If he did, he didn't show it.

"Oh my Irene, Garroth, come look at this!" He drags me over. He seems to like dragging me around, but I don't really mind.

He holds up an old worn leather-looking jacket. "How in the world is this thing in here? It's so cool!" He laughs, pulling it on. It was definitely just a bit too big on him. I have to hold back a giggle.

I obviously didn't do well of hiding my amusement, as Laurance fake pouts, taking off the jacket. "Fine then, you try it on." He shoves the jacket in my hands.

"Really? I doubt it would really fit me, it's not like I'm that far away from your size." I pull it on. It's a little loose, but not bad.

"How do I look?" I ask, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Like punk rocks little brother wearing hand-me-downs. Sorry dude, but you just can't pull off the leather jacket." He pokes me. "Just a bit too soft."

I chuckle and throw a random item at him. It ends up being a pastel mint green sweater. He laughs, pulling it on jokingly. He actually looks adorable. I feel myself blush, so I cover it with a laugh.

"Oh my gosh, we need to send the guys a picture, they'll love this." Laurance pulls out his phone and pulls me closer for a picture.

The camera sound clicks, and we look at the picture. Laurance laughs and sends it to the group chat.

Laurance: I ran into a wild Garroth and we found these.

Me: quite literally ran into, might I add.

Aphmau: OMI SOOO CUTE YOU GUYS NEED TO BUY IT

Dante: omi lol. That sweater, Laurance. You little pastel nerd.

Travis: Garroth, take that jacket off, you're too squishy for it.

Katelyn: why in the name of Shad are you two hanging out in a thrift store?

Laurance: because we are adults and we do what we want.

Kawaii~Chan: Oh wow! Garroth~kun, Laurance~kun, you guys look so cuuute!~ 😻

I look up, giving Laurance a confused look. He's still looking down at his phone, his face red. Oh gosh, she didn't mean--

Kawaii~Chan: KAWAII~CHAN SHIPS IT!!

She did mean. I feel my own face turn crimson, and I awkwardly tug on the jackets sleeve.

Me: Oh. Why do I get the feeling I should run?

Aphmau: run, run far away

Katelyn: Before she starts squealing nd trying to convince you two to kiss.

Nicole: Oh, don't listen to them, shes not THAT overboard.

I look up over to Laurance, who now has his face covered by his hands. You can tell he's still blushing. I grin, grabbing a flower crown and place it on his head. He looks up, and I snap a picture of him, red faced, wearing a pastel sweater and a flower crown. I decide not to send it to the group chat, worrying Kawaii~Chan might just explode.