Chapter 30

*Garroth*

Me and Laurance walk up to the exit where our friends wait. Laurance holds his stuffed wyvern close, looking mildly embarrassed to have it. I smile slightly. I gotta admit, it was kinda cute.

Garroth no.

"Nice, Laurance." Dante wastes absolutely no time to tease Laurance, but to be honest I'd be suprised if he didn't.

Before I can even say anything Aph grabs my arm, making me tense up for a moment.

"Garroth, somethings up with Zane. Go check on him." She whispers a bit loudly, then shoves me to my brothers, who stand a bit away from the others.

Zane is staring down at his phone, and I can tell he's either been crying or is about to. Vylad looks Zane's shoulder, looking at whatever it is that has Zane so upset. I walk over there to figure out what's wrong.

"Zane?" He looks up at me, and I pretty much know half of what happened just from his face. "Wanna head back?"

He nods, and Vylad and I share a look. Vylad nods and they both head off to the car. I turn and grab Aphmau.

"Hey, Aph, we're going to head back, you have fun, okay?" I say, with a small smile.

"Wait, why do you have to go?" She askes, frowning.

I look back towards Zane and Vylad, taking a second to think of a small line so Zane didn't have a reason to yell at me later. "Zane's not feeling too well, I guess." Not a total lie.

"Oh... okay! Tell him I hope he feels better soon!" Aph giggles sweetly. I roll my eyes.

"I will, bye Aphmau." I hug her quickly and head off.

~°~°~°~°~°~

I scroll through Zane's text messages that he got during the carnival from his ex. I should murder him. But that's not actually acceptable in society. The messages are mixed between asking Zane to come back to them and calling him horrible things and being angry at him for leaving without saying anything. I never did think they had a good relationship, and I guess I was right. To my knowledge, Zane left the house they had together without a word, and they aren't even officially broken up. Nice.

Zane sits on the couch, curled up, watching My Little Horsies or whatever it was called. He seems to be taking this rather fine besides that short bit of crying in the car on the way back. He always was the calm, collected one, I guess. And the most terrifying.

I throw his phone back to him and walk into the kitchen, picking up my own phone. The notifications suprise me. Missed texts from Laurance and a some from the group chat. I open Laurance's first.

Laurance: Hey Garroth, just wanted to ask if things were alright, you left kinda suddenly. Text me when you can.

Sent forty one minutes ago.

Laurance: Aph told me you said Zane wasn't feeling well, Travis said he looked kinda pale. Kinda thought it was just his skin but hope he feels better.

Sent thirty three minutes ago.

-*Laurance sent a photo!*-

The attached photo is of him pretending to feed the wyvern noodles. I laugh quietly. Nerd.

Laurance: his name is Ungrth and he likes noodles. Just thought I'd let you know.