Chapter 3

*Laurance's POV* (The story will mainly be in this POV but will eventually start to change)

The rest of the night went well, the new guy seemed to fit it well with the group. We told more stories and laughed  at Aphmau and Garroth's crazy banter. Eventually it grew late and we all decided to head home.

"Goodnight guys!" Aph yawns, giving out a few more hugs.

"G'Night, Mau," Garroth mumbles as the shortie gives him another hug.

"See you later, guys." Katelyn waves before heading out, shaking her keys loudly in her palm.

"Yeah, me and Travis are heading out back to our place," Dante spoke, Travis is nodding behind him. (DANVIS IS TOTALLY PLATONIC IN THIS FIC I SWEAR 😂)

"Yeah, I'm exhausted." Travis admits with his infamous grin.

"Bye, guys," I smile tiredly, waving at the others as they leave.

"Welp," Garroth speaks, "I best be heading to my new place. Goodnight, guys!" Garroth smiles brightly, despite the fact he's obviously worn out from the night.

"Good night, Garroth, it was nice meeting you." I chuckle.

This new guy just showed up on Aph's doorstep and already half the group has accepted him.

It's gotta be that smile.

"N-nice meeting you too, Laurance." Garroth stutters, then yawns to cover up the small stammer.

A small smile plays on my lips as I head out. "Bye Aph!" I say, waving, then I head to the apartment building's elevator, pushing a button to send me down to the lobby.

I get lost in my thoughts on the way down, the new guy seemed to flood into my mind whenever I let it wander. 'What in the world has gotten into me?' I wonder to myself silently. The ring signaling me reaching my floor startles me out of my head, and the doors open.

I need to get a hold of myself. I need to focus.

I step our into the cool air, the end-of-summer breeze tossing ,you hair into my face. I push the light brown strands out behind my ear, looking for my car in the large parking lot.

I spot it and walk over to it, tugging the door to open it, forgetting the alarm. The horn blared loudly and I groan as I fumble for my keys. 'How did I forget that? I never forget to unlock my car,' I think, finally shutting the stupid machine up.

Diddly darn technology.

~°~°~°~°~

A/n: I think that's a lovely note to end it on, don't you? I think  Laurance is my spirit animal.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Bye bye~