Chapter 36

*Garoot Ro'moot*
(If you know where that's from you're a special bean)

"What do you mean, you can't sell me one?" The woman hisses.

"Ma'am, I mean that we're out, there's none left." I say, exasperated to the highest extent of the word.

"Ach! Don't talk to me like I'm stupid! Besides, shouldn't you have more in the back?" She asks, and I turn around, nothing behind me but the kitchen wall.

"Ma'am, we don't have a 'back' and all our goods are freshly baked each day. None left." I struggle to stay calm as the woman shouts at me.

"Well I--"

"Ma'am, please order something else, something that's not run out." I gesture to the glass case that showcased all the sweets the cafè had.

"Hmph, well, if you don't have what I'm looking for, I'll just have to leave." She says sharply, turning around.

"Have a nice day." I mutter.

She tries to slam the door behind her, but ends up just stomping off like an angry child. Huh. Twice my age and still a child. I lean against the counter and bury my face in my hands. That was the third time today  someone's stomped out, angry at me for something I have no control of. One man angry about pricing, an elderly couple complaining about us not having a certain type of tea, and that woman. Chriiiisssttt...

I hear the bell ring at the entrance and sit up, smiling fakely. Aphmau walks in and looks at me, raising an eyebrow. I frown.

"Bad day there, Gar Gar?" She asks, and I groan, hitting my head against the desk.

"Hyria's out getting ingredients. Everytime someone asks to speak to the manager I have to tell them that and they never believe me. One lady got so mad she dumped her tea on the carpet. Screaming children were here half the morning."

"Fun."

"So much fun." I respond, shaking my head.

~°~°~°~°~

I pace back in forth, Aphmau and Zane sitting on her couch.

Two weeks. Two whole weeks. Vylad left two weeks ago and still no word from him. No notes anywhere in the apartment, no texts or missed calls, not even bloody Morse code or smoke signals to let us know he hasn't be kidnapped or murdered.

"Garroth, calm down, pacing isn't going to help anything." Zane says cooly, braiding Mau's  hair.

"Vylad has practically fallen off the face of the earth! How can I be calm? How can you be calm? He's our baby brother!" I shout, flailing my arms like a child.

"It's not that I'm not concerned, I just think panicking won't help anything." Zane stays in his unusual state of calm as he makes sure not to raise his voice.

I huff slightly, still worried.

"Gar, don't worry, Vylad's smart! He'll be just fine, I know it!" Mau reassures me, smiling.

"It's not that he isn't smart, him being smart is the scary part! If something had gone horribly wrong, that means his smartest wasn't smart enough  andd--" I pause to flail my arms again. "-- he's also smart enough to know that not telling us where he's going isn't a great idea! But he does it anyways! Aagghhhhh.."

I'm overreacting. This is stupid. I'm stupid. I'm probably annoying them so much.

"Maybe he just doesn't have signal? Or maybe he lost his phone." Mau suggests.

"No, he never leaves his phone behind, possibly he didn't have signal when he landed where ever  the heck he landed, but it's been two weeks! Two! Fourteen days! A fortnight! ¡catorce días! deux semaines! Il ne fait pas normalement cela ..." I pull my hair, groaning in frustration.

"Garroth. Now you're ranting in french. Chill." Aphmau giggles slightly.

"Non! Je ne peux pas, Vylad ne retourne pas des appels ou des textes ou quoi que ce soit!" I shout, still in french.

"Garroth. English." Zane says, unamused.

"Es esto mejor? ¿Es mejor, Zane?"

"Garroth, that's spanish." Mau grins.

"Dare mo kinishinai! Ani ga yukue fumei! Tadashī gengo no tame no jikanganai!"

"... Since when are you fluent is Japanese?"  Zane scrunches his nose.

"В течение десяти лет, пока вы не обращать внимания?"

"...what even was that one?" Mau asks.

"I... I think it was russian." Zane responds, looking just as mildly disturbed as Aphmau.

"Aghhhhh!" I groan, sinking to the floor. This was too much. I've run out of fluent languages to speak in and they still don't get it.

Aphmau and Zane look at each other.

"Should I call in backup?" Aphmau asks, nodding her head towards me slightly.

Zane looks down at me, then back to Mau. "Do it."

Whatever. I lay down on the floor, rolling onto my stomach. Today was a bad day for me.

~°~°~°~°~

Filler

Hope you enjoyed~

Go to sleep ♡ bye byee~