40 • Dance the Night Away

(Don't play song until I say)
Third person's pov:

The reception party took place in a nice hotel, downtown Beacon Hills. Everyone was seated at their assigned tables, and chatting away until the DJ came over the microphone.

"Guests, on behalf of the bride and groom, I'd like to thank you all for coming. Now without further ado, please welcome the happy couple!"

Scott and Allison walked into the banquet room, arms linked together. The head table was straight ahead, and the two smiled at Emma, who would be seated between them, Stiles, Lydia, Melissa, and Mr. and Mrs. Argent. Once the guests were done applauding, they took their seats with their family. They each greeted everyone with a hug.

"Now, the maid of honour and best man have a few words to say."

Lydia stood up tall, and used her best public speaking voice. "Hi, everyone. In case you don't know me, I'm Lydia Martin." She looked to her right and smiled down at Allison. "Alli, I've known you since our junior year of high school, which was almost seven years ago- that's crazy. We were instant friends, and because of you, I found some more of the best people in my life. Before I met you, I was a self-centred, ignorant teenage girl. You brought out the best in me. You opened my eyes to all the amazing people around me. Without you, I'd never have such an amazing group of friends, who I now call family. Allison, you're not my best friend, you're my sister. I'm so happy for you and Scott, I can't even tell you. You're so perfect together. I've watched this relationship progress since Junior year of High school. I was there for the ups, the downs, and everything in between. Scott, you're one of my best friends in the world, and I know you'll never hurt her, which is so refreshing. You better protect her with everything you have. I love you both so much, and I wish you a lifetime of happiness together."

"Okay, before I begin, let me say that I'm really bad at these things, but I'll give it my best shot. Hi, I'm Stiles. Scott's best friend since day one. Okay, maybe not day one, but you get the idea. Wow, it's crazy that we're here. In my mind, we're still the two wildly immature fourteen year old boys pulling pranks on our parents. Well, we still are, just a few years older." Everyone laughed. Good old Stiles. "Seriously, though. When you first met Allison, I knew this girl was gonna be something else. You couldn't even say her name without smiling like an idiot. I've seen you two together, and I've seen you apart, and let me tell you, you're definitely better together. You bring out the best in each other, and I think that's something extraordinary that most people won't find in their lifetime. You were lucky, and found it at sixteen. I've never heard of such a crazy love story, and I've also never seen two people so in love as you guys are. You're two of the most important people in my life, and I'm so grateful to call you my friends, or should I say family? Regardless, I love you both, and I know you're both really happy, and that's all that matters to me."

~

{play song}

It was time for their first dance. Scott took Allison into his arms as the words to "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Haley Reinhart began playing over the speakers.

The room was silent, aside from the music, and it felt peaceful. Allison rested her head on Scott's chest as they swayed back and fourth.

"Scott?" She whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I love you. I love you more than I thought was possible."

"I love you too, more than words can describe."

He could hear a muffled sound, which he quickly made out to be sniffling. He raised her chin, so her eyes stared into his.