Stars!

Same time (Jordan's perspective)

The flight was later.  We all woke up accept Isabelle who was still sleeping by 10:00.  The flight was at 4:00 pm so we had time to get ready.

" I'm going out to the shops,'' Jay said as we ate breakfast.

" I'll come with you,'' I said quickly. 

I was still a bit scared in case anything happened to her.

" Okay,'' she says with the little high pitched laugh she does,'' if you want.''

We grabbed our coats and headed out. 

" What shops,'' I and asked her.

" Well the Mall is just round the corner,'' she said.

" Mall...'' in said looking at her.

" What,'' she said oblivious.

" American word,'' I said grinning.

" What! No it's...'' she said searching for words, '' okay, maybe it is,'' she said laughing.

We got to the mall and had a look around. 

" Let's go to H&M,'' she said.

She picked up a floppy hat and stuck it on my head.  She smiled and nodded.  I walked over to a mirror.  It was an improvement from my beanie.

" That suits you,'' she said.

" When will I need it though,'' I said.

" When we next come back and its an accessory,'' she said rolling her eyes.

" Okay,'' I said smiling at her. 

I had noticed she had a bag in her hand all ready.

" What'cha got there,'' I said motioning towards the bag.

"I got Isabelle the same hat,'' she said taking it out the bag.

" Oh cool,'' I said handing the cashier the money.

We left the shop and went to get lunch.  It was about 11:30 when we left and went home.  We walked in to chaos!  Everyone was running around trying to get everything ready. 

" Let's go upstairs and pack,'' I said to Jay.

" Okay,'' she said happily.

We found Isabelle sitting on Jay's bed with tear stained cheeks.  She looked up and screamed with delight when she saw us.  She ran to Jay and hugged her.  Jay looked stunned.

" What's wrong Isabelle,'' Jay says consolingly.

"I thought you weren't coming back,'' she said still sobbing.

" Why would you think that,'' Jay asked her.

" My mum still hasn't come back,'' she said looking up at Jay.

My heart broke and jay looked like she was about to cry.  She looked over at me. Jay sat down on the bed and picked Isabelle up and sat her on her lap.

" When you were visiting your mum at the hospital, it was because she wasn't well,'' Jay started, ''Well,  your mummy didn't make it and asked us to keep you,'' she said with tears welling in her eyes.

"I don't get it,'' Isabelle said.

Jay looked at me.  I could feel her pain and it hurt me to see her like that.

" Before I met you, my daddy passed away.  When I was younger my auntie passed away and I didn't get it either but my mummy explained it to me so I understood what happened.  My mum said to me that, the stars in the sky are all people who have died.  But they are never gone.''

" But you can't always see stars,'' Isabelle said.

" Yeah, but just because you can't see them, doesn't make them gone.  They are always there watching us, just like your mummy is doing now,'' Jay finished.  I saw a tear escape her eye.

" So my mummy is a star,'' Isabelle said.

" Yes, and she is always looking down on you,'' Jay said smiling at her.

" So will I ever see her again,'' Isabelle asked.

" Yeah, but it will be a long time away,'' She said. 

Jay wiped her eyes and stood up.  A wave of relieve flashed over her.  She took Isabelle's hand and walked over to her bedside table.  She opened a drawer and took out a piece of paper.  She walked over to the window.

" When I was younger, me and my daddy used to look up at the stars every night.  I used to make charts of where stars were every month.  The big one is the north star.  It's the brightest star in the sky, beside it is the seven sisters, it's the big group of stars huddled together, but after I came home groom the hospital after my dad died I noticed a new star below the north star.  It had never been there before.  I guessed that it was my dad.  If you look under the seven sisters there is a new star too.  I think that might just be your mummy,'' Jay said pointing to this big star.

I honestly was gob smacked.  The way she explained it was amazing. She had a way with words.  She would never make you upset or angry.  It was just Amazing!