The Perfect Picture

jays POV

I shot up from my seat and hugged Jason tight.  It had been about 5 years since I had saw him!

"Em..." Jordan said awkwardly.

I let Jason go and turned to Jordan.

"Jordan, this is Jason, Jason, Jordan.  He was my best friend in school.  He was the only one who didn't leave me," I said smiling at him.

"Oh, well hi," Jordan said reaching out a hand.

They shook hands, "Nice to meet you Jordan," he said," so how do you know Jay."

"Em, where do I start. We met when Jay moved to California about a year ago, and I bumped into her in the hall.  She was unpacking so i asked if she needed help and we became best friends," he said taking a deep breath.

"Wow, that's cool," Jason said.

"Wait...What are you doing here," I asked Jason.

"I live here now," he said smiling.

"Really! We live in Santa Barbara!"

"Really! Well I live not that far from here, but what are you doing here then," He asked.

"Oh...um...We...are on a vacation," I said.

I knew Jason used to like me but that was ages ago.  He couldn't now but it still felt weird saying it to him.

"together," He asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"So you two are like...a...thing," he said.

I nodded.

"Oh, well, I need to get back to work...So...um...enjoy your meal," he said and hurried off.

"What's his problem," Jordan asked sitting down again.

I shrugged.  Why had he acted like that?  He didn't still like me did he? We were 14! We are both 19 now!  I am thinking to much into it!

Jason POV

I had found her and basically lost her...again.  Even though it had been five years, there wasn't a day she didn't cross my mind.  Being friends with her was the best thing that had ever happened to me.  But, she was with Jordan, and I was for her.  Even if it meant I couldn't have her.  I wish I hadn't ran of like that!  I'd siren to get when I went back.

Jordan's POV

Our meal was lovely.  Jay and I just talked and I forgot I was going to be marrying her...if she said yes that is.  Jason came back over and apologised for running of.  He explained that he was just in shock from finding Jay.  He seemed really nice though. 

"D'you guys wanna hang out after," he asked.

Jay looked at me and I agreed.

"I'll meet you two at about 8:00pm at the pier?"

We nodded and walked to the beach.

It was 6:30pm do we had a while.

"D'you want to take a walk on the beach," I asked Jay.

"Yeah, it'll be lovely," She said.

We got to the beach and Jay took get sandals of.  We talked for ages acc just walked the line of the sand.  It was slightly windy but not too windy.  I took jays hand and continued to walk.  She stopped and looked out to sea.  The sun was hitting her hair and the wind was making her dress sway.  It was a perfect picture.  I walked up slowly behind her and hugged her.

Jason's POV

I walked to the pier but on way saw a couple standing on the beach.  She was wearing a white dress and they were hugging.  They were both looking out to sea.  They looked so perfect. 

I wish I could have that.

The man picked up the girl bridal style and spun her round.  I heard a faint laugh.  They looked so in love.  I was about to walk when I heard her speak.

"Put me down Jordan," she lauded whilst kicking and thrashing about.

It was Jay.  My heart shattered.  Even me, myself had said they looked perfect. 

He put her down and looked into her eyes.  He put his hand on her face as kissed her.

I looked away.  I felt tears prick at my eyes and I continued to walk to the pier.  As I reached it, I sat down and waited for them to arrive.  It only took them five minutes until they did.  They were both still laughing together.  They really were perfect.