She moved though...

Before I could speak, she fell to the floor.  I fell beside her and picked her up. 

"JORDAN! JEROME! SOMEONE HELP!" I screamed.

Jerome rushed outside and fell beside me.  Everyone rushed outside whilst Jerome called the paramedics. Everyone was silent until Jordan came to the door.  He covered his mouth as tears flooded his eyes.

"No...No...No..." He said as he slowly kneeled beside me.

"How...How did...What happened..." He said looking at Jay who was limp in my arms.

I looked over to the figure who started waking towards us.

"Everyone inside," I said quietly.

"Why have we to..."

"Now," I said cutting Adam off.

Everyone got inside and we locked the door.  I lay Jay on the floor as Jordan picked her up.  He didn't speak, he just looked down at her.  A drop fell onto her face and he wiped it away.  The sound of sirens filled the house as paramedics rushed in.  They put Jay into an ambulance and drove her away.  I drove everyone to the hospital.  We arrived and sat in the waiting room.  A police officer came in and sat beside Jordan.

"Sir, can i ask you a few questions about the incident," he said too Jordan.

"Em, it was me who was with her," I said raising my hand slightly.

"Okay, just come with me sir," he said as he led me of.

Jordan's POV

I couldn't speak.  My heart was hurting, with every beat it made.  I...I...I just couldn't think straight.  My mind was a blur.  How...No...Why would anyone do that too her! Mitch returned and sat beside me.  He put his hand on my shoulder and have me a reassuring squeeze. 

"Mr Maron," a nurse said.

"Yes," I said shooting up from my seat.

She looked at me with said eyes and shook her head. 

That was it...

"No...," was all I could manage.

"No, she can't be," Mitch shouted, " She isn't dead! She isn't!"

"I'm sorry sir, but the bullet got her in the chest," she said as she walked out the door.

Everyone was silent until I couldn't take it anymore.  I felt the tears well up in my eyes and it felt like chest was going to burst.  I let out a wail and vetted into my hands.  She was taken from me within minutes.  I couldn't live without her!  What about Isabelle.  She was at home with Jason, how was I going to tell her.

"You can go see her now," the nurse said to me.

I slowly stood up and walked over to her bed.  She looked normal.  I ran my hands through her hair and I kissed her on her lips.  It was the last time i would get to feel her soft skin.  See her red lips, see her hair, see...Her...  I hugged her but suddenly I felt her chest move.

"What the..." I said stepping back.

"What's wrong sir," the nurse said.

"She just moved...She moved," I said turning to face the nurse, "She's alive!"

"It's just the body shutting down, it's the nerves..."

but before she could finish the sound of a cough filled the room.  Then a gasp of air. I ran beside her and took her hand in mine.

"Jay, can you hear me," I said to her softy.

There was no response.

"Can you hear me," I said once again.  I want giving up.

I looked at her and ever so slowly, her eyes flickered open.  The good, green specks. 

"Jordan..."

"It's me," I said smiling at her.

"Thank...God," she said as she walked her arms around my neck.

"I thought I lost you," I said burying my face into her hair.

"I thought I lost you," she said back.

I looked at her and I could see tears full her eyes.  I wiped them away.

"I tried to tell you all I was fine when we were inside but I couldn't," she said sobbing.

"It's fine, you're gonna be okay," I said holding her close to me.

One by one, everyone started coming into the ward and one by one, their faces changed from sad, too disbelieve.

"Don't you dare leave us," Jerome said as he hugged her, "If you do, who's gonna be my Bacca buddy."

"I won't leave you," she said hugging us all.

"You had me scared," Mitch said still with tears in his eyes.

"Thank you for helping me," she said as she hugged him.

"No problem, anything for you," he said hugging her back. 

We stayed there for a while, mostly in silence, with the occasional beeping of jays heart monitor.  Every so often, I would look at her and smile, just knowing that I still have her, and how lucky i am too still have her.