Gone...

I had this ask wrote out buy wattpad decided to crash on me so I'll try and recreate it as best as I can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Listen Jay,'' my mum said.  I wasn't listening though.

" The hospital phoned,'' as she said it I shot up.

" What's wrong,'' I said, the panic rising in my voice.

" He has stage four cancer.  They said he won't make it through the night," she explained.

I couldn't speak.  My head started spinning and my legs turned to jelly.  I couldn't her anything.  It was all muffled.  I felt as though my world had come crashing down before me.  I felt a tear run down my cheek.  I was brought back by Jordan who as shaking me gently.

"Do you want me to drive you too the hospital,'' my mum asked.

I couldn't speak.  I just nodded.

We drove to the hospital with my mum driving and Jordan and I in the back.  When we arrived we walked in. 

" What ward is Mr Adams in,'' my mum asked but before the lady could answer I pointed. 

I walked slowly towards his room.  My mum went up to his bed.

"Jay is here to see you Paul,' she said, gesturing me over.

I slowly walked over. 

" Hi baby,'' he said smiling at me.

I still couldn't speak.

" You don't have to speak,' he said squeezing my hand.

He understood me.  Unlike my mum. 

" Jordan,'' he called,'' come here please.''

Jordan walked over and kneeled beside his bed.

" I'm going to need someone to take care of Jay when I'm gone.  She needs a strong man like you to take care of her.  Don't let me down,'' he said smiling at him.

The tears started welling up in my eyes.

" What D'you mean when your gone,'' I asked crying now.

" It's my time to go Jay,'' he said giving me a soft smile.

I knew now that I had to be strong.  I wiped the tears away and gave him what I knew would be my last hug from him.

" If you want to go daddy, I'm okay now,'' I said holding his hand.

" Are you sure Baby,'' he said looking at me.

" Yes,'' and as I said it I took my hands and closed his eyes. 

Just as I did it, he smiled.  His heart monitor went off.  He was gone.  My mum walked out of the room.  The doctors came and took him away.  All the while, I stood in the same place as I did when I let him go.  I felt a hand on my shoulder.

" You were very strong Jay,'' Jordan said.

I was strong, but I didn't need to be now.  I feel to my knees in a heap and cried.  Jordan came beside me and hugged me tight.    He helped me up and we walked to the desk.  I was my dad's next of kin so I had to fill out his death papers.  It was the worst thing I've had to do, but letting him go was the hardest.  We got to the car and drove home.  I didn't speak the whole journey.

We got home and my brother ran to meet us.  He took one look at me and knew.

" You'll be fine Jay,'' he said hugging me tightly.

He showed no emotion, like my mum.  I was like my dad.  If I wanted to cry, I would.  I slowly walked up to my room.  I wanted to be alone and they all knew that.  I fell onto the floor and cried.  I couldn't stop.  Jordan walked in and saw me.  He sat beside me and hugged me.  He always knew what was best.  He was like my dad.  He knew what I wanted, when I wanted.  I loved them both for it.