Him...

We were still at the hospital.  No one wanted to leave her.  Everyone was in shock, I mean, it was basically a miracle that she was still here!  I sat next to her bed and held her hand in mine.  She had wires coming from her chest and a drip attached to her wrist.  She had been put on painkillers and was looking extremely tired at this point.  The tannoy announced that visiting times were over and everyone slowly got up except me.  I want leaving her after that.  If anything happened, I was going to be with her. 

"We'll see you first thing tomorrow Jay," Mitch said as he hugged her.

"See you soon buddy," Ryan said as he left, "And don't go doing anything stupid."

Jay laughed and hugged him before he left.  Everyone waved and it was just me left.  Jerome came back in.

"You coming."

"I'm gonna stay here tonight," I said smiling at Jay.

"Okay, I'll bring some stuff down for you," he said as he waved goodbye to Jay .

"You don't have to stay," Jay said as she sat up.

"I know," I said as I leaned back in the chair, "But I want to."

A doctor came in and I explained to him what had happened and he said I could stay as long as I wanted.  Jerome arrived shortly after with my clothes and my phone.  That night, I was scared to go to sleep, just in case.  I stayed awake the whole night, occasionally looking down at her to make sure she was fine.  She woke up in the middle of the night and grabbed my hand.  She had had a bad dream but she fell back asleep shortly after.  I could hear doctors outside, and I saw people getting wheeled to their wards as they arrived in the night.  It wasn't a good place to be. It was eerie and dark, and it gave me the chills.  I got up and took a walk in the early hours of the morning, and as I walked down the corridors, the smell of disinfectant lingered.  I could see patients in their wards, some awake, some asleep, but I just didn't like it.  I walked back to find Jay awake, but she looked scared, like she saw a ghost!  I ran beside her.

"What's wrong," I asked.

"He was here Jordan, he was here," she said staring at the door.

"Who was," I asked holding her hand.

"Him..."

I slowly turned around and to find that he was there... watching us intently, with a grin on his face...