Mitch...

Next day (Jay's perspective)

I woke up extra early this morning.  I was so excited that we would be getting Isabelle!  I heard talking in the hall and a tall man with short brown hair walked to the door of my ward.  I recognized him.  It was Mitch!  What the hell was he doing here!  I propped myself up onto the crutches that were beside my bed, put my hair in front of my face and walked out of my ward.  I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I spun round but the crutches slipped.  He caught me just in time. 

" Be careful,'' he said quietly.

I stood back up and turned to walk down the hall. 

" Jay,'' he said softly, ''Can I talk to you please.''

I turned to face him trying to keep my balance. 

" What is it,'' I said.

"I just want to say that I'm really sorry.  I know its a bit late but I just needed to say it to you.  I don't know why I done that to you.  I had just lost my girlfriend and I guess you reminded me of her and.''

" Shut up,'' I said cutting him off.

"W-what,'' he stuttered.

" Shut up and give me a hug,'' I said holding my arms out.

He hugged me. 

" I'm so sorry Jay,'' he said into my hair.

" It's fine,'' I said.

" You're a bit unsteady on them aren't you,'' he said laughing.

I felt myself wobbling.

" Yeah,'' I said smiling at him.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and I put mine around his neck and we went back to my ward.  I fell onto the bed and he sat beside me.

" So what's been happening,'' he said.

" Em got hit by a car and broke a few ribs,'' I said.

" How D'you get hit,'' he asked.

" Well I was walking to the shops when I got to a crossing.  The car stopped to let me over but when I was in the middle of the road, it rammed into me and drove of in the other direction,'' I said.

" Did they get who done it,'' he asked me.

" Yeah.  They got one of them.  It was this girl called Chelsea who hates me.  We went to school together,'' I said.

" Oh.  What D'you mean one of them,'' he asked.

" There was two in the car,'' I said.

We talked for ages until Jordan showed up.

Same time (Jordan's perspective)

It was about 11am so I drove to the hospital to get Jay.  When I walked into the ward I felt my anger hit the ceiling! 

" What the hell are you doing here!" I shouted. 

Mitch spun round and a panicked expression covered his face.  I ran up to him and grabbed him.

" Don't hurt him,'' I heard Jay shout.

" Why shouldn't I,'' I said back.

" He apologized!  Just don't hurt him,'' she shouted.

I let him go and walked over to Jay.

" Listen,  I'm so sorry for what I did.  I shouldn't of done that to her,'' he said, '' I had just broken up with my girlfriend and Jay reminded me of her.  I'm so sorry.''

I looked at Jay.

" He is telling the truth,'' she said smiling at me.

" Mates before dates,'' he said smiling at me.

I couldn't help but laugh.

He held out his arms and we man-hugged it out.

" So we are all friends now,'' Jay said.

" Yeah,'' I said, '' when are you getting out.''

" I'll go ask,'' she said getting up.

She hobbled outside on her crutches and came back with a doctor.

" She just needs to do a checkup and then I can go,'' she said happily.

The doctor checked her out and Jay, Mitch and me all got into the car.

" To the orphanage!" Jay shouted.

Mitch have her a strange look.

" What D'you mean,'' he asked.

" We meet a little girl who's mum was in hospital and she wanted me and Jordan to have her if she passed away.  Sadly she did so we are going to get her,'' she said.

" You and Jordan are adopting!" Mitch said shocked.

" Yeah!" she shouted happily.

Mitch looked at me and raised his eyebrows and smiled.

We arrived at the orphanage.