Chapter 23

Tenshi smiles at Vince and almost every girl in the room swoons. Even I must admit he's handsome "Papa" he says happily and calls the children by name then looks concerned "where is Farasha?" She starts down the stairs but stops in surprise. Tenshi smiles as he sees her "there you are."

"You never come up" she whispers and then looks at me. He sighs and sits down at the table. He has a timelessness about him so although he looks about fifteen, his posture and speech makes him seem like he could have been born in the eighteenth century. "Yes, well" he says "I wished to become acquainted with the new member of the family." It seems like everyone feels exactly what he's feeling and he looks at me with suspicion. All the children start to look at each other like they suspect they've done something. "This is your power" he says "is it not?"

"Me" I ask in confusion "I thought it was yours."

"No" he says simply "my power is to amplify other's and this is none of the siblings I know so it must be yours. You have no knowledge of this?" I shake my head "it's my power? I just thought Rea was mad at me for fighting."

"No, she was upset because you touched her when you where."

I can't help feeling embarrassed with everyone's eyes on me. Seeing my embarrassment he looks away and so does everyone else "never mind that. I was called for supper, I will not pester you any further." I heave a sigh and I can't tell weather it's of relief or dismay. I sit down and food is brought to the table. We begin to eat and the room is filled with chatter and bright smiles until water drips on one of the kid's heads "Hey" she yells. "Toke" Vince says from the head of the table "no yelling." She stands up to look at him "but she's using her power at the table." He looks at Mizui in disappointment "Mizui, no powers at the table."

"Sorry, sir" she whispers quietly as the water falls in her cup. Although Tenshi seems like he would be cold and distant, he talks to the others and laughs just like the rest. I decide to listen in "-never would have thought he was like that." Raesia speaks and I can't figure out who they're talking about because I don't know them well enough "He's chill most the time but he was in a really bad mood." I stop listening and a thought came to mind. He looks and sounds a lot like Micheal. He must have heard it somehow because he quickly looks at me and everyone slowly quiets down when they see his expression. "What is it, son" Vince asks and he shakes his head as he looks down at the table in confusion. He looks up at everyone who is staring and forces a smile "it's nothing. I am sorry to have worried all of you." All but Vince and Rea go back to talking ignoring that he studied the table and stopped eating after he'd said it. He agilely stands up and walks back downstairs swiftly enough for no one but me, Rea, and Vince to notice.