Chapter 24

The three of us look at each other and then down the stairs after Tenshi. He seemed so happy until that thought came to my mind. What was it about that thought that changed his mood so drastically? Raesia gets up from the table and finally speaks "I should go see if he's okay." It was my thought that made him sad, I should be the one to ask. I try to shake the feeling but it sticks so well that it won't go away. I sigh and leave the table for my room as well. I hear a knock on the door about an hour later "what?"

"You a'right, son" Vince's voice asks from the door "you left in quite a hurry."

"I'm fine" I lie and I can sense he knows it "Tenshi don't blame ya. It weren't you that made 'im sad." I study the ceiling in disbelief. Yeah, right. I was the one who thought he looked like Micheal. When I don't respond He sighs "mk. You jus' talk to me whenever you want." He walks away and I stare at the ceiling. The image of the speeding water flashes in my mind and the feeling of almost drowning in my own blood. I sit up and comb my fingers through my hair trying to smile if just for a moment. I listen in silence to the symphony of crickets and cicadas. I lay back down and try to sleep but despite my eforts to, I just can't seem to close my eyes. I sit and wait for something to happen. A fear creeps into my mind and when a knock comes on my door, my heart almost jumps out of my chest. I sit up so quickly my vision turns black and I feel light headed, nonetheless I respond "yeah?" When no one responds I close my eyes to listen and soon find an anxious breathing at my door and the pounding of a heart. I open my eyes and they finally speak "I wish to speak with you." Tenshi is the last person I would expect to be knocking on my door at midnight so I'm surprised but I get up and open the door. He seems worried as he studies his feet "I apologize for the inconvenience at this hour but I-" He stops talking for a moment and looks up at me "may I come in?" I alow him in the room and close the door as he sits on my bed. "What were you going to say" I ask and he looks at me "I heard your thought and I must know, is my brother well?"