Chapter 33

I stand but he grabs my wrist "I don't have much sociability. I needed Rea to do this because I needed to know how you felt and how to speak with you. I am so very sorry if you felt besieged, it was never my intention. As soon as I saw you, I wished to tell you how my day was and speak to you as the friends I foresaw we'd become, in a way you are... will be, the best friend I've ever had" tears come to his eyes "but how could I ever explain how well I knew you when we'd only just met?" I shake my head "why are you crying?" He wipes away tears and finally lets go of my wrist "I apologize. Can you imagine if Kaden or Skylar forgot you exist? It just hurts to know of what will become a strong relationship if you also know it will not for years to come." I look down "is that why you seemed so scared of me." He looks down like he's ashamed "I wanted to avoid you because I knew t'would only hurt more. I was scared of only what you could make me do if you ever wanted to. If you felt I hurt you or clung to you to much at any point, you could force me to leave your side." I can feel my muscles relax though I never realized they were tense "we'll become good friends?" He nods "I love you" he chuckles softly "I know that might sound...odd to you now, but to me, you are family." Tears start to roll down his cheeks "I fear so much that if I do something wrong, what I've foreseen will never be." His sad look has my heart in a death grip and it hurts to much not to hug him. As soon as I wrap my arms around him he calms a bit and holds me tight before completely breaking down. His crying calms down but I still hold him close "that's why, outside my door that night, you said you felt like you've known me forever, isn't it?" He nods then pushes himself away "I apologize. I don't show this emotion often. I didn't mean to cry in front of you."
"Why are you apologizing?"
"I just thought it might be a little strange to you."
"It's alright. Don't bottle your feelings, it'll only make it worse." His expression lightens and turns to admiration. The room gets darker and Tenshi looks through the window "tis late. We should rest." I nod in agreement and head up to my room but stop "oh, and Tenshi." He turns to look at me "good night." He smiles "sleep well, my friend." We go to our rooms and I lay on my bed. I think about everything he told me, especially being his best friend. I don't know to much about him but I have a knack for trusting people to easily.