Part 16

BANG!

The sudden noise startled the now sleepy Mary and she began to cry. Jane picked her up and rocked her gently. Through the window she could see Paul walking to his car then diving away. She closed her eyes trying to make sense of her own actions towards her husband. To her intense relief, Mary settled quickly and, after kissing her baby softly,  Jane went into her own bedroom.

Paul kept driving, torn between intense anger and hurt. Finally, after about half an hour he stopped and pulled over. It was a quiet road that lead to where John and Ringo lived. Suddenly he didn't want the company of his friends.The friends who seemed to have the perfect relationships and families with women they loved and who loved them in return. He restarted the engine and drove back towards London.

He found himself in Soho.At a club. It was a strip joint that he'd never been in before. It was dark and noisy. He slipped in and ordered a drink then found a secluded corner, hoping to be un - noticed. He stared at the women parading around on the stage. It did nothing to improve his mood. Just then a blonde woman passed his table. Things were looking up!

"Hi." she smiled at him.

He raised his glass and nodded.

"Mind if I join you?"

"Be my guest."

She sat opposite him, showing off ample cleavage and plenty of leg in a skimpy outfit. "You're new here?"

He nodded.

"So why do we own the pleasure Mr McCartney?"

"Call it inspiration." He replied.

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

"It's a free country."

She moved next to him, pressing her leg against him. "Flora." She offered him her hand."

He didn't take it. He looked her up and down. "You know my name."

She smiled and licked her ruby red painted lips. "I'd like to get to know you better though Paul." She leaned closer to him, flirting outrageously. She moved in to kiss him. He moved and the kiss landed on his cheek. "Hey, I won't tell if you want to play Paul." she purred. "I know the Mrs is at home. Had a row then?"

He sipped his drink, ignoring the comment.

"Why don't I," she continued, her hand sliding onto his leg and stroking his crotch "Get you and me some more drinks?" She paused and stroked him, "Then we can go up to my room. Somewhere a little more private."

"Sounds nice." said Paul."You do that and I'll just nip to the gents." 

Giving his crotch one final squeeze and making sure he got more than an eyeful of her cleavage, she stood up and walked to the bar.  He watched her go, enjoying the way her skirt rode up revealing a pair of see through panties and a very impressive backside. He approved. Paul left his table and visited the gents. 

Jane awoke as Mary's cries became more strident. Sighing, she moved to get up. It was then she realised Paul hadn't yet come to bed. Mary's shouts brought her attention to now and she hurried downstairs to warm the bottle that was already prepared. Coming from the kitchen, she heard a noise. Scared, she froze and listened again.

"Who's there?"

A light flicked on in the living room. 

"Me."

A bleary eyed Paul scowled at her.

"I ...I didn't know you were home Paul." She walked over to him, "Where've  you been?" she asked him cautiously.

Paul sat up and rubbed his face. "Went for a drive so I could think then I went to a bar."

"Oh."

He looked up at her. "Yeah. Had a couple of drinks. Talked to some people."

"Any one nice?"

"Yeah...nice girl by the name of Flora."He grinned, "The very friendly and socialable type she was, you know. Long blonde hair, fantastic tits and a nice tight arse. Damn good ride! My type you know"

Jane stared at him. "Right." She swallowed. "You don't have to sleep here love. Come to bed. We could have a cuddle."

"Nah, I'll stop here. Not in the mood anymore. Going out did me a world of good."

"This girl?" said Jane slowly, " did you and her ...."her voice tailed away. She didn't want to ask the question and she dreaded the inevitable answer to.

"What?" said Paul, "Did I fuck her?" He smirked. "Well what do you think?"

Jane turned away from him, feeling sick. "I'd better go and feed Mary."

"Jane!"

She turned, tears already in her eyes. "Yes Paul?"

He stood up and walked towards her. "This woman threw herself at me. She was easy game and very willing." He looked at her, his eyes boring into her, "and do you know what I did?"

She shook her head. "Please Paul, I don't want to know the details."

"It won't take long." said Paul slowly,"Because you see, I didn't touch her. Not once!" He placed his hands on her shoulders. "I didn't touch her because I didn't want her. I wanted you because you're the woman I love and who I'm married to. Despite what you think of me Jane, you,  this marriage and our daughter mean everything to me! I am not going to do anything to jeopardise that!"

She looked away, his gaze making her feel uncomfortable. He let her go.

"At this moment though Jane, I feel incredibly sad."

"Why?"

"Why? You really have no idea?"

She shook her head.

"I love you and our daughter more than anything else in this world. You've told me over and over how much me cheating on you in the past hurt you and I promised I'd never do it again. And I haven't though it's been damned hard at times Jane! I wish I could understand why you are pulling me close one minute then pushing me away the next!"

"Oh."

"Is that it? Oh?" 

"I ...I don't..."

"Sort out whatever is going on in your head Jane. Please! Before it tears us apart because I don't know how much of this I can stand!" He took the bottle from her hand. "I'll go and feel Mary. At least my daughter is pleased to see me."

"