Part 41

Jane was already in bed when Paul came into the room. She was lying in the middle of the bed in a star shape. He laughed when he saw her.

"Come on woman! Move up! You're as bad as that daughter of ours!"

Giggling, she moved up and then once Paul was in bed, snuggled up to him.

"You're cold!" 

"I know!" Jane's teeth chattered, "Once you move away from the fire in the living room, this house is freezing! It needs central heating Paul! I don't know about Mary having a hot water bottle, I think I need one!"

He laughed. "I'm you're hot water bottle!"

"True!" She snuggled closer and began to hum to herself.

"What are you singing?" Paul asked, "It sounds familiar."

"It should do," whispered Jane, "You wrote it!"

"What?"

She hummed again and Paul joined in. "It was on the radio this afternoon whilst you were out with Mary. It's been going around my head ever since!"

"I wrote that song for you."

"I know." Jane lay on her side to face him in the twilight. As usual the landing light was on for Mary.

He turned to face her. He kissed her on the nose. "Do you remember the first time I played it to you? Before it was recorded I mean?"

She nodded. "It was at mum and dad's house. When you lived with us. Mum used to go mad about making sure I was never alone in your room after 6 pm. I used to sneak in!" she giggled, "I don't know why she thought we would do something after 6 pm that we wouldn't  do before!"

"She was very determined that I didn't get my hands on her daughter!" chuckled Paul, "I remember that!"

"True...but I was only seventeen Paul. Anyway, it never quite stopped us did it?"

He nodded.  "The  night I sang that song to you was the first time we were naked together."

"I know," she smiled. "You played me the song and said it was for me. I loved it. We lay on your bed, just talking then you began kissing me. You undressed me."

"You encouraged me to!"

"I didn't!"

"Jane McCartney, YOU had my shirt off my back and your hand inside my trousers! I call that encouragement!"

"Did I? I don't remember that!" Jane began to giggle once more. "I wanted you to make love to me that night."

"I know... and I wanted to. I'd been wanting to since our first date. I always thought you were incredibly beautiful... even more so now." He kissed her softly.

"You were very much a gentleman I remember," said Jane quietly, "You took your time. No pressure or anything."

He nodded. "I kissed you here." He kissed her on the lips. "A very polite kiss I remember...but repeated it a few times, like this." He kissed her repeatedly, then let his lips move across to her ears and neck. He stopped. "Is that like it was?"

"Yes." Jane was breathless, "What else?" she teased, hoping for more.

"Well, as I kissed your neck, I seem to remember you began trying to undo my shirt."

"Did I?"

"You did but you couldn't do the buttons because you were shaking."

"You turned me on, what did you expect?" she whispered, her mouth close to his ear. She kissed his neck and began to pull at his T shirt. "Paul, I want you."