Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Maddie's POV

When I say I ran into him, I mean literally.

I bumped into Elliot, causing me to nearly fall over.

"Uh, sorry Madison." Elliot said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

He reached out his hand to mine, in attempt to help me up.

"Don't." I said, swatting his arm away.

A look of confusion and hurt spread across his face.

All I wanted to do is be alone right now.

I stood up and quickly scampered away.

"Madison, wait!" He yelled for the second time that day.

This time however, I did not turn around, I just kept running.

Running to get away from everything.

I reached the door that led outside and I quickly opened it and I was outside.

Outside in the cold Winter night, alone.

I looked behind me, hearing a door open, and saw Elliot just a few paces away so I picked up my speed.

He was nearing in on me so I cut off into a corner that led down a small hill, not realizing there was a ice patch.

As soon as my foot stepped on the icy hill, I realized it was a bad idea. My heart skipped a beat, as my foot slipped from underneath me and I lost all the friction on the ground.

I slipped and fell, hearing a slight crack as I did so. My body flailed to the bottom of the hill.

"Madison?" I heard Elliot call.

A tear streamed down my face from the throbbing pain in my foot.

"Don't come down here!" I shouted, not wanting another injury to occur.

"Then you come up here!" He shot back.

Simple enough Madison. Go up the hill, that now seemed so large, and meet Elliot, right? Wrong.

I let out an exasperated sigh and attempted to stand up.

My attempt failed as I put weight on my injured ankle. I heard another crack and I fell to the ground once again, resulting in a loud cry.

"Madison? Are you ok?" Elliot asked, concerned.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

I stood up once again, this time making sure that I only put a bit of pressure on my foot.

That failed, once again, and I fell back down. But this time, I landed on my injured foot, resulting in yet another crack.

"Elliot! I need you to come down here, but be careful! There is a huge icy patch!" I yelled.

He slowly made his way down the hill, his face turning into pure guilt as he saw my ankle, that was already swollen.

"I-I'm sorry Madison!" He stuttered.

"Just get me up this hill, Dancer Boy!" I said, in attempt to lighten the mood.

After a few minutes we reached the top of the hill and he set me down fragilely, as if I were some glass doll.

He slipped off the white boots I was wearing slowly, and pain shot up through my leg.

"Ow!" I shrieked.

"Sorry!"

He carefully examined my foot, and after a couple minutes he said, "I think I should take you to the Orphanage's doctor."

I nodded my head as he carried me inside, the welcoming warmth feeling good versus the cold.

He carried me in his strong arms and I snuggled my head into his chest.

"Hi, uh, Miss Patterson, Madison has an injury on her foot." I heard Elliot say.

"Let me see it." She said, as Elliot set me down on the uncomfortable bed.

She examined my foot and after a little she said, "It appears to be broken. You will have to have a cast and crutches for at least a couple months."

"A couple months? That means I can't dance!" I cried.

"Just take care of your foot, and maybe it will be sooner!" She smiled, in attempt to calm me.

It didn't work.

"I am so sorry Madison! I should not have chased you outside! This is all my fault!" Elliot panicked.

"No Elliot, it is my fault! I was stupid to run away from you in the first place!" I replied.

"I'll leave you two alone for a moment while I look for crutches." Miss Patterson told us.

"Madison-I feel like it's my fault." He sighed.

"Oh come here you fool!" I said as he rushed over to me.

I looked into his emerald green eyes and I kissed his soft lips, lingering in the kiss for a few moments.

We broke away from the kiss as he stared into my bright blue eyes, never breaking eye contact.

"That was am-" He started, but Miss Patterson came back in the room.

"Alright Madison, let's get you into the other room so I can put on your cast." The nurse smiled.

I hobbled into the other room, Elliot trailing behind by a few steps.

After about a half an hour, my cast was applied and I was ready to go.

Elliot and I managed to make our way back to my dorm as I crutched my way there.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow Dancer Boy."

"I guess I'll see you then Madison." He chuckled.

He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as I entered my room, dreading Blaze.

A/N: 3 comments and 3 votes for more!(: