graduation » ben simmons

for simontommo

"I promise it's okay," Simone reassured her boyfriend from across the screen. She's walking towards her school building, facetiming her boyfriend while she's at it. "I'm coming there in a couple days, anyway. We can celebrate then!"

"But, bubba, this is a big day for you," Ben frowned. He had been walking somewhere outside too, probably headed to practice or something but Simone didn't bother asking. "I wanna be there and I feel really bad!"

"Think of it like this, you big crybaby," Simone teased, "if you don't stay there in Philadelphia for practice, you're never gonna be on the starting line up."

Ben's face immediately changed into a sour expression. "I'm already not on the starting line up and the season's already started!"

"Just awhile more, bubba," she grinned as she walked into the school building. "I have to go now, okay? I love you and focus more on practice!"

He sighed, but nodded anyway. "I love you too." She finally ended the call as she stopped by the entrance of the school hall where her friends were waiting.

They exchanged hesitant glances between one another before they linked arms and walked in together.

She couldn't lie, though. She definitely wanted Ben here for her graduation, but it'd be completely selfish of her to make him skip practice just for her. Ben needed all the preparation he could get and she was not going to be the reason he's not ready to be on the court.

The ceremony went on longer than she expected. She was going to collect her certificate next and it was a lot more nerve wracking than she anticipated it to be.

When her name got called out, she climbed up the stairs carefully, trying her best not to topple over with her heels and shaking legs. Everyone's attention was on her and in one wrong move, she could be the joke of this year's graduation ceremony.

As she took the diploma into her hands, she looked into the crowd for her family. To her surprise, there was an extra pair of hands cheering her on. Sat with her family was Ben Simmons wailing his arms in the air with the biggest grin on his face.

Luckily for her, she was one of the last few. The moment she exited the building, she headed straight for the corner her family had cooped up.

"Bubba, you came!" She shrieked over the noise and ran towards her boyfriend. Although, she probably shouldn't have ran because the six-inched heels wasn't agreeing with her.

She'd tripped on her own leg and fell forward, but Ben had caught her. They both fell into the ground, Ben on his knees with his arms wrapped around her body tightly.

For a few seconds, they both spent it in silence. Her arms are wrapped around his body tightly just like his were around hers. She closed her eyes tightly, afraid to open it. What if this was all a dream? She couldn't risk that. Even if it was, she wanted to saviour even this moment with him.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world, bubba." He pressed his lips against her temple and rubbed her back. "I'm so proud of you."

Simone blinked her tears away - she did not spend the entire morning blending her makeup just for it to be washed away even before she could take pictures - and wrapped her arms tighter around Ben. "I can't believe you missed practice for this!"

Ben rolled his eyes. "I don't care. You graduated! This is like a milestone for you!"

"Not like you'd know how it feels like, anyway," Simone giggled, reaching up and booping his nose. "But thank you for coming out all the way here just for this."

He pulled her back up to her feet and he pinched her cheek softly. "Like I said, I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

HEY SO I POSTED THIS IMAGINE HERE INSTEAD OF THE BOOK IN MY BACK UP ACCOUNT AND I HOPE YOU REALLY LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT'S JUST SO CUTE AW