kisses » bradley beal

for kingsmaria

They say that different types of kisses meant different things. Maria, being her superficial self, of course believed this.

Even if it didn't really happen, it was fun during the process, anyway. But this time was different. It had to do something with her feelings for a certain someone and if it weren't true, she'd be damned.

It started with a kiss on her cheek. They said that it meant that they were friends which she couldn't disagree with because this happened quite some time ago when they met.

She remembered the simple gesture sparking up something within her and even thinking of that very same scenario a long time after it happened had her heart skipping an entire beat.

As they got to know one another deeper, the kisses progressed. He had taken things to the next level and pressed his lips against her forehead which meant that he thought they were cute together.

He did think that, right?

Then he asked her out on a date. They went out to a nice dinner at Five Guys then they went for a long walk in the city. He held her hand as they walked, rubbing his hands over hers so that she wouldn't get cold.

He kissed the back of her hand. It's said that that meant that he adored her. Which wasn't entirely wrong because he did adore her at the time - she had this laugh that brightened everything up and these eyes that looked right through him.

He asked her to be his girlfriend a while after asking her out on several more dates. Safe to say that the pair had been waiting for the right time to share their first kiss. Maria thought that this was good because he was building it up to the grand kiss.

The kisses slowly moved from her hand up to her shoulder. She had went to get a dress while out shopping with him once and asked him to come in the dressing room to help her zip the dress up.

He told her that she looked perfect and kissed her shoulder. Which was a good sign because this meant that her being superficial wasn't a bad thing - kisses on the shoulder meant that he thought that you were perfect.

Then it progressed to the type of kiss that got Maria's knees wobbling and buckling. He had given her neck kisses. It was unexpected of him to do so because they'd been around a group of friends when he did so.

He had his arms wrapped around her from behind as his teammates talked to Maria about the game that they had won earlier that week. Clearly uninterested, he decided to show his affection for the woman while she attempted not to faint.

Kisses on the neck meant that he wanted her. Did he want her? She wouldn't know, but he knew clearly that he did want her. He wanted her even through the flaws and the small arguments they've somehow managed to get themselves into.

Now, here he was, towering over her with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. It'd been about 2 months since he asked her to be his girlfriend and their first kiss has yet to be shared.

Guess they were thinking of the same thing - they wanted it to be special.

His teammates swarmed out from the tunnels as they listened to the speech Bradley had spent days memorising and reciting to them finally unveil.

"Maria, I don't wanna sound cliché, but I've adored you the moment I laid my eyes on you. I remember thinking 'damn, I wanna make her mine and noone is gonna stop me'. Sure enough, no one did." He stopped himself to laugh when you rolled your eyes.

Maria took the bouquet into her hands as Bradley stepped forward and tilted her head up. Slowly, he leaned in a pressed his lips against hers.

She didn't notice anymore, but kisses on the lips meant 'I love you'. She'd stopped the whole superficial thing months ago and has forgotten what it meant. She'll realise soon enough.

He pulled away breathless, ignoring the loud squeals from his teammates. "We've known each other for a good year now... and I think it's safe to say that I'm in love with you."

"You love me?" She almost cried at the sound of the words roll off his tongue so easily. It was so natural that she was so sure that it was true; maybe because it is. "I love you too."

She never bothered remembering what kisses on the lips meant, but she didn't need to know anymore. He'd said it verbally to her face already so who needed to listen to what other analyzers had to say about him?

It didn't matter anymore.

HDHSKSJD HONESTLY I ENJOYED WRITING THIS SO MUCH IT'S SO FLUFFY