back to you » kevin love

for colezworld

Siman walked down towards the court slowly. Maybe she shouldn't have come to Game 7 but she just couldn't say 'no' to his teammates. Either way, they'd already bought a ticket for her.

"We won!" Tristan yelled in her face as he found her in the crowd. He took her into his arms and hoisted her in the air. "That's because our lucky charm was in the crowd!"

Siman laughed loudly as Tristan finally put her down. She wraps his arms around him as she squealed with him. "I'm so proud of you guys!"

"Oh, so he gets a hug and I don't." Siman tears herself off of Tristan and turned to face Kyrie. "Aren't you gonna congratulate me too! I made the winning shot."

"Champ!" Siman threw her arms around his body, lifting her feet off the ground. He lifted her off the ground and spun as he embraced her.

They haven't seen or heard from her in months – not since she and Kevin had broken up. The couple didn't even talk about why they did break up, so they just left it alone. But as the days passed by, it had just gotten worse for the both of them. Now it's been months and neither was ever the same.

If Kevin wasn't going to take efforts in making himself happy again, they obviously had to take matters into their own hands for the sake of their teammate.

Kyrie pulled away and bent down, gesturing for Siman to hop on. She hops on his back and the three of them run back into the tunnels.

"Is that a Siman I see?" Was the first thing she'd heard when Kyrie walked into the locker room. The next thing she knew, she and Kyrie were down on the ground and were being tackled by the rest of the team.

Someone grabbed her leg and suddenly she only had her socks on. "Ew, you guys stink!" She screeched as she tried to fight off the grown men lying on her. The group of men laughed loudly as they slowly got off her and Kyrie.

As they slowly got back on their feet to shower one another with champagne, she spots Kevin in the corner of the locker room. He's holding a bottle of champagne, arms wrapped around it, and eyes glazed with sadness even though they'd just won championships.

Lebron pulls her up and she mumbled a 'thank you' before making her way to where Kevin was.

She didn't want to, but she decided that the breakup they had was completely mutual and it was time that she spoke to him again. She stopped just in front of him and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Hey, congratulations."

"Um, thanks," he answered hesitantly. He didn't know what to say to her. This is the first time he's seen her in months but it felt like they didn't know one another at all. "What are you doing here?"

"Do you not want me to be here?"

"No! I just- we- um... we haven't seen each other in months. I just didn't think you'd come to our Finals games. I'm glad you're here."

She laughed softly and nodded. "I'm glad I'm here too. We should talk about that block, though."

"Are you making fun of me? I am proud of that block!"

"I'm proud too," she giggled. They stood in silence for a few seconds, completely ignoring the cheers and celebrations from the rest of the team. "So, uh..."

"Yeah." Kevin's eyes wandered around the room, watching his teammates celebrate differently. "How've you been?"

"Good..."

It'd taken awhile for them to say it, but they finally did. "I miss you," Siman mumbled and at the same time, Kevin said the same thing.

"Took ya'll long enough to say it," J.R. said as he pulled his shirt over his head, walking over to get himself a champagne bottle.

Siman and Kevin laughed sheepishly, eyes still wandering everywhere but one another. She looked up and shoved him slightly. "What now? Don't just stare at the ground like that."

"Do you... maybe... like... wanna try again?" Kevin slowly looked up and their eyes met, his icy blue eyes the happiest she's seen them all night. "I mean, if you just wanna stay friends, I'm fine with that too. I just really like you and... yeah."

She bit down on her bottom lip and nodded immediately. "That'd be perfect."

LMAO THIS ISN'T ONE OF MY BEST WORKS EVER, BUT I STILL HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND FEEL FREE TO REQUEST AGAIN BC I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO TBH