we could happen » kyrie irving

for fvckbeal

Kyrie held the door to his home open and gestured for her to walk in. She mumbles a soft 'thank you' and walked past him and into his home.

Camila heads straight for the couch and is then followed by Kyrie who came from the kitchen. "Water for the lady."

She gladly takes the glass of water and sunk into the couch, Kyrie dropping himself next to her. For the longest time, they just sit there without saying anything.

Kyrie was nervous to say the very least. He's had a crush on Camila for as long as he could remember. At this point, he wasn't even sure if it was still a crush anymore. What if she didn't feel the same way?

On the other hand, Camila had her stomach in a twist and her heart pounding in her chest. She wanted to tell Kyrie she loved him, but she just wasn't sure how to. What if she'd misread all of the signs?

Camila absentmindedly sinks lower into the couch and leans into Kyrie's body, taking small sips of her water. She's afraid that if she drank too much, there was a possibility that she could drown herself because of the nerves.

"Hey, Cam," Kyrie whispered, rubbing her bare arm softly. "I have this big big problem."

Camila hesitantly looked up, her eyes being met by Kyrie's warm brown ones. So what if Kyrie's eyes were a dull, solid brown? In the most cliché way, those dull brown eyes made her stomach come alive and fill her veins with adrenaline.

"If you're gonna make me cook you dinner again, the answer is no," Camila giggled. Kyrie opened his mouth to say something but Camila added on to her previous statement: "The answer is also no if you're gonna make me do your laundry."

"Shut up, I'm trying to confess something!" Kyrie laughed. Camila lets her laughter die down before gesturing for Kyrie to continue. "I really wanna kiss this girl but what if she doesn't wanna kiss me back?"

"What do you mean?" Camila asked in disbelief. "You're Kyrie Irving. Who wouldn't wanna kiss you?"

"I mean, you don't wanna kiss me," Kyrie mumbles, hoping that he could cover up the hint of disappointment in his voice.

"What if I do?" Kyrie stopped breathing as he moved away slightly from her. He stares down at her with his jaw dropped and widened eyes. "I... have something I wanna tell you as well; I wanna tell you I like you."

Kyrie continued to stare at her, making her worry. She pushed Kyrie slightly, eyebrows furrowing in concern. "A simple 'no' would've done the job, Ky."

Kyrie shook his head and grabbed her face, connecting their lips together. If Camila hadn't been so into the kiss, she wouldn't have dropped her glass of water down onto the carpet.

The kiss was so simple yet it ignited flames between the two. Camila was at a loss for words and Kyrie could spend the rest of the day explaining how incredible the kiss was.

Kyrie pulled away, breathless and rests his forehead against Camila's. He breathes out a laugh and closed his eyes. "I like you so so much, Cam."

She laughed, rolling her eyes playfully. "Really? Couldn't really tell by the way you kissed me."

"I should kiss you again for clarification, then."

"Yeah, you should."

HEY HONESTLY THIS WAS SOOOO SHIT BUT I JUST NEEDED TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING I HOPE YOU STILL LIKE THIS