primadonna girl || d'angelo russell

S N E A K P R E V I E W

Dariana strutted out of the changing room, a big grin on her face. "How do I look?" She props herself up on the wall with her hand and poses, pouting her lips out dramatically.

D'Angelo lifted his head, his eyes raking up her body. He felt all the air get knocked out of his lungs. She'd tried on a blue ball gown, the one she'd be wearing to her dad's new product launch, that hugged her curves perfectly and he was at a loss for words at how good she looked.

He swallowed the forming lump in his throat as their eyes met and he sunk back into the seat. "Hideous."

"I'm not a fucking mirror," Dariana scoffed, swiftly turning away then walking back into the changing room. For the dramatic effect, she swayed her hips even more that had D'Angelo feeling some type of way.

He chuckled to himself as he returned his attention to his phone. A few more minutes had passed when Dariana came strutting in again with a different dress.

It was burgundy and had ruffles at the end. Dariana twirled around, making the ends of the dress fly up. He scanned her body up then down again just to make sure he wasn't dreaming. A small grin makes its way to his face and he nodded subtly. "That's pretty. Brings out your brown eyes."

She turned to the side, checking herself out in the mirror. "I know." She looked beyond beautiful and he was damned that she was always so spoilt and annoying. "Hey, can you help me with the ribbon over here?"

D'Angelo got up from his seat and walked over to her, pulling the ribbon from around her stomach and tying it into a bow on her back. He traced his fingertips gently over her skin up until her neck where he brought her hair back. "You look really good right now."

Dariana's face beamed with happiness as she looked at D'Angelo through the mirror. "You really mean that?"

Trying to hold back the smile breaking out on his face, D'Angelo nodded as he rested his hands on her bare shoulder. "Of course, I do. Everyone who says you don't look good in this dress is crazy."

She smiled shyly, reluctantly tearing her eyes away from the mirror.

D'Angelo should've known even for a split second that it'd been way too peaceful. They weren't bickering, or swearing to tear each other's throats off; they weren't even arguing over the fact that Dariana could he such a diva sometimes.

That didn't last as long as D'Angelo wanted to, though. Dariana scoffed as she looked back into the mirror. She tore his hands away from her skin, "get your filthy hands off of me!"

D'Angelo rolled his eyes and strolled back towards his seat. "You don't even look that good in the dress. Kendall Jenner would look better."

"You guys broke up for a reason," Dariana scoffed, pulling on the bow from behind her as she made her way back to the changing room once again. "Because you a hoe and you're not loyal."

"The fuck you mean I ain't loyal?"

Dariana hummed for a moment, but then ended up laughing. "You right. You just a hoe and a snitch. She's afraid you might leak her nudes or her family secrets."

"A snitch?" D'Angelo scowled from across the wall that separated the two from one another. "I ain't no snitch!"

Dariana laughed loudly, probably gaining everyone's attention in the shop, but when you're the daughter of the most successful pair of parents in Los Angeles, you wouldn't bound on caring either. "Not according to Nick."

"Nick's a hoe who can't stick to one girl," D'Angelo mumbled. "He deserved it, anyway. Iggy's a great person and she isn't the type of girl you'd cheat on."

"I probably won't cheat on her too," Dariana mumbled, shrugging as she came out of the changing room with dresses hung loosely over her forearm. "I mean, that's if I get to date her."

"Nobody wants to date your ugly ass," D'Angelo muttered under her breath. "I got forced to date you, remember?"

"Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart," Dariana scoffed as they made their way to the cashier, "I needed a boyfriend and you gotta build up your name. I'm just helping you with that."

D'Angelo shot the girl a look, the one asking if she was crazy, but she neglected to noticed his stare. "Are you getting all that?"

"Of course, I am," she grinned. "With daddy's credit card."

"You never work for anything, do you?" D'Angelo frowned as he leaned against the counter. He subtly admires the girl's features on the side of her face and luckily, he'd gotten away with it.

"That's because I'm basically the princess of Los Angeles," Dariana stated bluntly, as if he was supposed to know the answer to the question. "Of the United States, if you want me to think bigger."

"Pretty sure the princesses of the United States and the entire world are the Kardashians. Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kylie and Kendall?" D'Angelo grinned slyly when Dariana smacked his shoulder. Dariana was well known for not liking the Kardashian family very much and getting into social media arguments with Kylie — but that's entirely a story for another day.

"Do you have a death wish?" Dariana scoffed as she shoved him harshly. "I hope you like being the new Javale McGee because boy, am I about to fuck you up."

D'Angelo shrugged. "I've got ice in my veins, I don't know what you're talking about."

She rolled her eyes as she picked up the pace and stormed out of the store. "I'm talking ruining your career with a snap of my fingers, ya damn snitch."

He chased after her, slipping his hand into hers in one swift move just as the paparazzi started to swarm them. He leaned over to her to whisper something barely audible: "No, you wouldn't. It'd be extremely bad for your name if you dated someone that's MVP of Shaqtin' A Fool, would you?"

Dariana glared at her 'boyfriend', shrieking softly in frustration. He always knew his way around her, pushing her buttons cautiously but surely and she hated that she couldn't phase him at all no matter how spoilt she could get at times. "I fucking hate your snitchin' ass."

"Likewise, babe."

OKAY SO THIS IS UPCOMING AS WELL AND I'VE GOT IT ALL SETTLED OUT AND I JUST GOTTA WORK THE COVER TOO AND WOW I HAVE A LOT OF STORIES PLANNED OUT

I EVEN HAVE A RICKY RUBIO ONE IN MY DRAFTS WITH THE COVER ALREADY SORTED OUT. ON A SIDE NOTE, WOULD YOU READ THAT??? BECAUSE GISODJF I HATE MYSELF I NEVER FINISH BOOKS