lost and found » danny green

for lukeskink

Danny sighed, scratching his head as he looked around and craned his neck to look for the familiar red head in the crowd of people.

He seriously did not just lose his Scottish girlfriend in the middle of shopping at Ikea. Sighing one more time, he turned on his heel and started going the opposite direction that everyone was heading.

How could he lose the girl he's been dating for a long time, who has been to Ikea once in her life? What was he thinking when he decided to leave her all by herself, anyway?

He strayed off to look at one of the bed frames and when he looked back, she was gone. This was the problem with Mara: she could never stay at one place and she got distracted way too easily.

Suddenly, his phone is vibrating in his back pocket. He slips it out of his pocket and slid his thumb across the screen, bringing it up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Danny, I got lost." The soft voice from the other side of the line makes him laugh as he tried to figure out where she landed in. To make things even worse, her accent possibly got thicker and he could barely understand a word she's saying. "I have no idea where I am."

"Where did you go? I told you I was gonna look at something and when I turned back, you were gone," he laughed. He was gone about a minute or two and she was already gone. But she couldn't have gotten far in the time he spent it not paying attention to her, right?

Moving in together into a new unfurnished house was not as glorious as everyone thought it'd be.

"I went to look for a bathroom and I didn't think I'd get lost," she muttered. "Still have no idea where I am. Can you come find me?"

"There are signs everywhere. What do you mean you have idea where you are?" He laughed, rubbing his forehead as he listened to Mara breathe frantically. "Just tell me what you see."

She didn't answer for a while. The only thing he could hear was the faint chatter in the background and Mara's heavy breathes. "I got out!"

"You're outside?"

"No," Mara scoffed in an accusing tone, making him roll his eyes. "I got to the front desk... counter... I don't know what you Americans call it. Wait, was that insensitive of me to say? I'm sorry."

He laughed, turning on his heel again to the other direction. "Okay, stay there. I'm coming to get you."

Mara nodded firmly to herself, but suddenly remembers that she's in a phone call. "Uh, yeah, I will. And can you please hurry? I really need to pee."

"If you didn't get so far, sweetheart, maybe I'd get there sooner." Danny hung up and picked up his pace, knowing how paranoid Mara could get in a crowded place when she's all alone.

When he did get to her at the very main entrance of the Ikea outlet, she immediately noticed him from across the room and took off on her feet. "Oh, finally!" She sighed as she threw her arms around him. "I honestly thought I'd never see you until the day ended."

"What?"

"Well, my phone almost ran out of battery," Mara explained, pulling away from him, "and I don't have your phone number memorised yet. And this store is huge and I'd never find you even if I tried. I was about to head home, if you asked me." She grabbed his face and pulled him down for a kiss. "Thank you."

"Aw, you're welcome," he chuckled, pinching her cheek. Danny started walking and she followed behind him. "Well, your phone made it and I found you." He tangled their fingers together as he made a turn. "And I also found you a bathroom."

She sighed in relief, eyes rolling into the back of her head jokingly. She giggles and presses a kiss to his cheek. "You are the best, baby."

She ran into the bathroom, only to have Danny surprised at the fact that he landed a girlfriend as sweet and adorable as she was. Bonus was that she's Scottish with a thick accent.

i am on a roll; don't fight me

AAAAAND YOU SHOULD GO READ SUMMER NIGHTS TBH BECAUSE THAT'S COMING TO AN END SOON

AND THEN FORCES BECAUSE THAT'S DRAMA AAAAAF AND THEN WINGMAN BECAUSE THAT'S BAE AF

AND CAMERA ROLL, OF COURSE. RICKY RUBIO IS BAE AND IDC HE'S BAE AND THE TIMBERWOLVES SHOULDN'T TRADE HIM BECAUSE HE. IS. MY. BABY. ((i didn't have sugar today i promise))

JUST MAKE SURE YOU GO READ CAMERA ROLL AND SUMMER NIGHTS

REQUESTS ARE OPEN AGAIN SO CAN U PLS CHILL FOR A MOMENT AND READ THOSE TWO BOOKS FIRST, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND THEN REQUEST

THANKS BYE ❤️