what a night » ricky rubio

"Hey, beautiful," Ricky muttered, slyly slinging his sweaty arm around his girlfriend as he finished his post game interview. "You see how I play today?"

"Yes, we did," Andrew smiled, "why can't you play like that every game?"

"Don't be stupid," Zach scoffed, shaking his head and shooting Elle and Ricky a look before turning to Andrew calmly. "He only plays like that when bae is around."

"That settles it, then," Gorgui popped into the conversation and snorted. "Elle is going to get paid to be at every game. Better set up a contract then maybe we'll be in the playoffs this year."

Elle raised her eyebrows and nodded slowly as they made their way back to the locker room in the very crowded tunnel. "I do like getting paid to do nothing. Or paid to hang out with my boyfriend. Sounds like a deal."

It was only then Ricky decided to react. He shoved his younger teammates away and walked ahead, pulling Elle with him. "You guys aren't beautiful; I wasn't talk to you ugly people."

Zach blinked, "that's not very nice."

"Yeah, and so is your face," Ricky spat, "fuck off. I wanna give my girlfriend love."

"No offense, but I can love her better," Shabazz says casually, shrugging. He winks playfully at Elle and licked his lips. "I'll call you tonight."

Ricky raises his eyebrows and looked down at Elle, waiting for her response. Elle rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Oh, Bazz..."

"Does that mean you're gonna answer my call?" He questioned as they stepped into the locker room. Elle doesn't answer and follows Ricky to his locker, only sparking up this weird need to annoy the point guard even further. "That's a yes, right?"

"No," Ricky answered, glancing at him shortly before grabbing his seat and gesturing for Elle to take a seat. He pulls the jersey off his head and takes a seat on the ground just in front of Elle and started to unlace his shoes. "Did you watch the game?"

Elle chuckled, reaching forward to pinch his cheeks between her fingers. "You are so adorable when you're all smiling and not mad."

"I'm always smiling and not mad." Ricky furrowed his eyebrows and began to think of a time where he was never smiling and mad as Elle sucked in a breath through gritted teeth. "I am never not smiling and mad!"

"Actually, nowadays, you are," Gorgui popped his head behind Elle's seat, only to be shoved away by the face by Elle herself. "Okay, I'm sorry, then."

Ricky glanced at Shabazz walking towards a bunch of reporters then back at Elle with a grin on his face. "So, did you watch the game?"

Elle finally decided to answer the question and nodded. "Yes, honey, I watched the game." She leans forward a little and presses a chaste kiss to his lips. "And I think you played so damn well."

The 26-year-old laughs giddily, scrunching his nose up. There wasn't anything better than hearing the love of your life say that you played well. What made it even better was that he set a new career high by shooting 6 three pointers during the game.

Elle laughed, leaning back in her seat. "You are such a child."

"I am so not," Ricky snorted. He went off to change his clothes and one last short interview before leaving the arena hand-in-hand with her. It didn't take long and it was a miracle that it wasn't.

Now, they sat in his car but were still parked in the back of the arena where the players' cars were discreetly parked. The engine wasn't switched on yet — it was already cold enough outside — and there was only the silence to accompany both of them.

Neither of them were speaking. Just shy glances between the two who have been together for the longest time possible.

"I'm really happy that I just got to watch you set a new career high," Elle whispered, taking a short glance at him before returning her eyes down to her lap. "Especially with everything happening. The death anniversary and then your grandma..."

"Hey," he whispers, finally turning his body to face Elle. He reaches over and grabbed her face, forcing her to look at him. "I only got through all of that because of your constant support."

"Does that mean you're gonna start playing like that now?" A smile crept on Elle's face as the one on Ricky's face faded off. She chuckled, punching his shoulder softly. "I'm kidding."

"Good, because you're acting like I don't play well at all in our other games," he grunted, finally putting his hands down to his lap. "I don't know. I just felt like I could do and be anything tonight."

Elle smiled and reached over, placing her hand over his. "You know damn well you could do that every single game. You just need to start believing as if you can. You can't just take one bad shot and then not take any other shots the rest of the game."

Ricky was surprised to hear this. Because Elle never liked sports — much less taking a good 2 to 3 hours of her time watching it. It was enough for him that she took the time to come down and at least support him. "You actually watch the game?"

"When Ricky Rubio is on the court playing, of course, I have to," Elle laughed. "I always watch the game and it's just something I noticed. You take a bad shot, hang your head really low with a cute little pout on your face and then you just play the rest of the game living off of assists. It's okay to take a few bad shots, honey."

"But what if it really just doesn't go down well for me that game?" He teased, giving her a look.

She rolls her eyes. "Then, you live off of assists that night. Either way, being good or bad on your shots that night shouldn't deny you of being the key to a win."

He chuckled, leaning forward to press a kiss to her forehead. He pulls her in and wraps his arms around her, resting his chin on the top of her head. "I am so in love with you; it hurts sometimes."

She closed her eyes, snuggling further into him. "Yeah, I love you too."

I'M SORRY I'M A BAD PERSON