celebrity crush » ben simmons

for saintcurry

Of all the girls in the celebrity world her boyfriend could have a crush on, it just had to be Kendall Jenner. The sister of Kylie Jenner; the model; the girl who was 19 and is already more successful than Az could possibly ever be.

Who wouldn't be jealous when you catch her visibly flirting with someone who clearly had a girlfriend, right?

She's never really one to call Ben out for something that he'd done and tonight was not one of those nights where she was changing that trait. So when Az was utterly quiet on the drive back home, it was clear to Ben that there was something wrong.

He's been asking her questions back and forth while stuck in traffic, telling her things that frustrated him during the game but all she answered was with a simple nod and an occasional hum to agree with him when it'd usually be her lashing out with him.

"Hey, talk to me," Ben frowned, reaching over to put a hand on her knee. She keeps her gaze on the cars outside the window and pulled his hand away from her. "Stop being petty and tell me what I did!"

Az ignores the man's pleads and instead sunk into her seat, continuing to give him the silent treatment. "Az, please."

Az shook her head as an answer and turned her body away from him. "Well, at least I got an answer. It's progress," he joked. He decided to leave her alone for a while until she eventually bursts and tells him what he did wrong.

He switches the radio on and turned up the volume. "Tonight, Kendall Jenner was seen at Philadelphia to watch one of their games! She even stopped to talk to Ben Simmons! They seemed fairly cute tog-"

He reached hurriedly for the radio and immediately switched it off. Glancing at Az, it finally gave him a brief idea of what she could be mad about.

"It's because of Kendall, isn't it?" He teased, poking her arm. She swatted his hand away and snarled softly as a response, but never once turned to look at him. "Baby, come on, don't be like this."

She keeps her lips sealed and continued to swat his hand away every time he tries to touch her.

"Stop acting up," Ben says bluntly. Az whirled around in disbelief and her jaw dropped at his sudden change of attitude towards her silent treatment. "You do this all the time, Az."

Refusing to speak, she stuck her tongue out and scrunched her nose up as an answer. Ben took his eyes off the road for a moment and pinched her nose between his fingers.

Az opened her mouth, but decided to close it again. "I'm not letting go until you speak." Az rolled her eyes and he grinned mischievously with his fingers still on her nose. "Not letting go, baby."

Az stayed stubborn and Ben kept her nose in his fingers. Eventually, Az opened her mouth to suck in a deep breath but closed it again.

"Let's talk about why you're so jealous," Ben laughed, momentarily moving the car forward as the traffic moved a little but insignificant for him to put all his attention back on the road. "Or why you always got an attitude."

She rolled her eyes again, making him pinch her nose harder. Her eyes widen and she tries to rip his hand off of her face but he only raised his eyebrows knowingly. "Not until you speak," he said in a singsong voice.

"Fine!" Az screamed and Ben finally let go of her nose. She rubbed her nose and smacked his arm. "That hurt!"

"You were building up an attitude!" Ben laughed. "So, what do you wanna talk about - that attitude or your jealousy?"

"Neither," Az sent him an obviously fake smile, making him laugh. He reached over and pinch her cheeks softly.

"Baby, you're the only one I want, remember? I've established that a number of times, haven't I?"

"Well, yeah. But that's Kendall Jenner! Daughter of Kris Kardashian and successful at 19 Kendall Jenner!" She frowned, just remembering all of the reasons Ben could leave her for someone like Kendall.

"But she's not you," Ben states bluntly. He leans over and presses a chaste kiss on her lips. "I'm in love with a girl named Az, not Kendall."

She finally softens up and jabbed a finger into his side. "Now, that's what I like to hear."

literally half the time i'm writing these i'm just thinking of a song to match it up with istg. anYwaYS I HOPE YOU LIKED IT BC I SURE HAD A LOT OF FUN WRITING THISyour booKS ARE BAE BTW